Page 53 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: $5.00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Now, a former Renault designer is developing a new car, the Gazelle, that’s even more radical: an electric vehicle that’s not just low-cost to produce and purchase, but it’s also pretty easy to assemble. In the Bordeaux region of France, freelance reporter John Laurenson took a ride in this low-tech car.

I am climbing into a prototype of the Gazelle, a low-tech family car, with its designer, Gael Lavaud. “We want to be really in the dynamics of intentional simplicity,” Lavaud said.

Intentional simplicity. So it’s super basic and made of fiberglass, extremely light. “It’s only 900 kilos [about 1984 pounds], compared to a standard car, so it’s not twice lighter, but almost,” he added. “And this is very important because the lighter you are, the less consumption you will have, because three-quarters of the consumption is about the weight.”

Lavaud said the Gazelle consumes about 40% less electricity per mile than an equivalent electric car, so it can have a smaller battery. One prototype has a solar panel roof that provides enough energy for 25 miles per day. Lavaud expects safety authorities to approve the Gazelle this year and for production to start in 2024 with a retail price of about $20,000.

That is so cool. I don't know why a US manufacturer couldn't do the same. Just create an urban vehicle, restrict from freeways, no frills, just a grocery getter and church goer. I know where I live it would be a hit. The big issue is safety features. That would boost the price to unaffordable. I live in a rural community, lots of retired folks, lots of electric golf carts buzzing the streets. It's not uncommon to see grandpa driving a couple grandkids to the store for ice cream in one. No safety restrictions on those. Why not have a simple electric vehicle that tops out around 40, just to use for errands. Right now I am considering buying a small moped to do the same. I'm about 4 miles from WallyWorld and with gas prices, it runs me $2 just to pick up a jug of milk. The solar panel prototype it would be free.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBM View Post
    America has roughly 260 million vehicles on the road today and about 1 or 2% are EV . YES we are ready to end the use of fossil fuel .

It's getting better everyday. One thing to consider though is if no petroleum products tomorrow and everyone has an EV, where would the power to charge the EV come from? We are not quite there yet with wind generation or solar. Our coal burning and hydroelectric power plants couldn't handle the requirements, they can barely keep up with current demand. Plus the energy sector has all of the lawmakers in it's pocket. You can bet oil will stay king as they are buying up patents and tech to maximize current profits and to be well positioned when oil actually does run out. They are not dummies. I would suspect we would have petroleum vehicles capable of 100mpg an EV's running our streets more than currently if patents etc weren't owned by oil. As they say follow the money.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

What a Karen running out of fuel BS
    Zero problems in Florida trucks and cars galore not one station out of gas.
    Another Republican fairy tale
    Slimjim better buy a horse
    So you are admitting that a Conservative Republican ran state is better than liberal run state. Your Governor is doing everything he can to promote oil production and refining in Florida and surrounding off shore leasing. The problem is that truckers cannot travel over 6000 miles round trip on s full tank of diesel just to be able to pick up and deliver freight to the west coast and points between.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    So you are admitting that a Conservative Republican ran state is better than liberal run state. Your Governor is doing everything he can to promote oil production and refining in Florida and surrounding off shore leasing.

Sorry but NO oil in Florida or refineries Try again slimjim

Never will be any oil drilling off the Florida coast EVER

WTF does this even mean The problem is that truckers cannot travel over 6000 miles round trip on s full tank of diesel just to be able to pick up and deliver freight to the west coast and points between.

Please take your medications

Jobs Jobs Jobs

My View
    Following
    Saved
    Capitol riot hearing focuses on Trump pressuring the Justice Dept. to overturn his election defeat
    Watch Live

June 22, 20223:45 PM EDT
    Last Updated a day ago
    Electric vehicles could take 33% of global sales by 2028-AlixPartners
    By Paul Lienert

2 minute read
    DETROIT, June 22 (Reuters) - Electric vehicle sales could reach 33% globally by 2028 and 54% by 2035, as demand accelerates in most major markets, consultant AlixPartners said on Wednesday.

EVs accounted for less than 8% of global sales last year, and just under 10% in the first quarter of 2022.

To support that demand, automakers and suppliers now expect to invest at least $526 billion on EVs and batteries from 2022-2026, the firm said at its annual Global Automotive Outlook briefing. That is more than double the five-year EV investment forecast of $234 billion from 2020-2024

Oh No Not more US Jobs
    As of this month, US school districts and fleet operators have committed to 12,275 electric school buses in 38 states, according to a new report from the Washington, DC-based nonprofit World Resources Institute (WRI). That’s about the size of the entire school bus fleet of North Carolina.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Oh No Not more US Jobs
    As of this month, US school districts and fleet operators have committed to 12,275 electric school buses in 38 states, according to a new report from the Washington, DC-based nonprofit World Resources Institute (WRI). That’s about the size of the entire school bus fleet of North Carolina.
    ... a lot of these new school bus sales will be delivered by a Quebec based company with some production facilities in the USA called Lion Electric.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

So the administration can't set the price of gas. Huh?

OMG: Biden ADMITS They Increased GAS Prices Purposefully!

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    So the administration can't set the price of gas. Huh?

OMG: Biden ADMITS They Increased GAS Prices Purposefully!

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
    Okay, I read the article. Where exactly does biden say he increased the prices purposefully. The writer says it, but nowhere in the article does biden say it.
    You are SO gullible!!