Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 195960616263646566676869707172 LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Re: $5.00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Will the tow trucks of tomorrow be equipped with a generator for those unfortunate enough to run out of juice, or will they have to pay big bucks to get towed?
    They may carry a small Honda generator that might be able to power up your charging station is you brought yours along from home. Of course you will be paying him big bucks by the hours for however long it takes to fully charge your EV. Of course those intelligent enough to bring along their own charging station will most like have brought their own generator as well.

Will the tow trucks of tomorrow be equipped with a generator for those unfortunate enough to run out of juice, or will they have to pay big bucks to get towed?
    Most likely Yes as EV gain so the rest will follow

Since every Car maker in the World is crossing over to EV cars and trucks

The future is electric
    Last edited by bsm2; 3 Days Ago at 01:29 AM.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    They may carry a small Honda generator that might be able to power up your charging station is you brought yours along from home. Of course you will be paying him big bucks by the hours for however long it takes to fully charge your EV. Of course those intelligent enough to bring along their own charging station will most like have brought their own generator as well.
    I would imagine theyíd charge you up enough to comfortably make it to the next charging station.

A full charge would be impractical.

Of course, that will vary greatly depending if youíre driving a peanut or an F150 (or larger) towing a camper that sleeps a small village.
    ďI think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. Thatís why I keep mine locked up in the basement.Ē - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

.00 per gallon gas

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post

... you are working overtime to post any negative article (be it true or not) you can find about EVs. Why?

The world is moving on from it's sole reliance on the internal combustion engine with or without you and the consumer is rapidly accepting this new form of transportation as mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... you are working overtime to post any negative article (be it true or not) you can find about EVs. Why?

The world is moving on from it's sole reliance on the internal combustion engine with or without you and the consumer is rapidly accepting this new form of transportation as mainstream.
    I donít know what the numbers are at this point, but there is only so much crude oil available on Earth.

Once itís gone, itís gone, unless there are a few million dinosaurs hanging out somewhere we donít know about.

Yes, oil is used in creating electricity, but there are alternative, cleaner means to do so.
    ďI think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. Thatís why I keep mine locked up in the basement.Ē - Tim Hawkins

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

I donít know what the numbers are at this point, but there is only so much crude oil available on Earth.

Once itís gone, itís gone, unless there are a few million dinosaurs hanging out somewhere we donít know about.

Yes, oil is used in creating electricity, but there are alternative, cleaner means to do so.
    Depending on the source used, the current proven reserves are enough, to last at the current consumption rate, for between 47 and 70 years. Exploration is still finding new oil deposits. Research is also finding new like bio-diesel that should be able to keep our heavy ground transportation systems running.

Now they need to concentrate on the one of the largest users of fossil fuels, the aviation industry.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Depending on the source used, the current proven reserves are enough, to last at the current consumption rate, for between 47 and 70 years. Exploration is still finding new oil deposits. Research is also finding new like bio-diesel that should be able to keep our heavy ground transportation systems running.

Now they need to concentrate on the one of the largest users of fossil fuels, the aviation industry.
    Thatís a long time, but another way to look at it is that we will be ďout of gasĒ in our kidsí, or at best, our grandkidsí lifetimes.

.00 per gallon gas