Page 69 of 167 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Re: $5.00 per gallon gas

.00 per gallon gas

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post

... you are working overtime to post any negative article (be it true or not) you can find about EVs. Why?

The world is moving on from it's sole reliance on the internal combustion engine with or without you and the consumer is rapidly accepting this new form of transportation as mainstream.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... you are working overtime to post any negative article (be it true or not) you can find about EVs. Why?

The world is moving on from it's sole reliance on the internal combustion engine with or without you and the consumer is rapidly accepting this new form of transportation as mainstream.
    I don’t know what the numbers are at this point, but there is only so much crude oil available on Earth.

Once it’s gone, it’s gone, unless there are a few million dinosaurs hanging out somewhere we don’t know about.

Yes, oil is used in creating electricity, but there are alternative, cleaner means to do so.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    I don’t know what the numbers are at this point, but there is only so much crude oil available on Earth.

Once it’s gone, it’s gone, unless there are a few million dinosaurs hanging out somewhere we don’t know about.

Yes, oil is used in creating electricity, but there are alternative, cleaner means to do so.
    Depending on the source used, the current proven reserves are enough, to last at the current consumption rate, for between 47 and 70 years. Exploration is still finding new oil deposits. Research is also finding new like bio-diesel that should be able to keep our heavy ground transportation systems running.

Now they need to concentrate on the one of the largest users of fossil fuels, the aviation industry.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Depending on the source used, the current proven reserves are enough, to last at the current consumption rate, for between 47 and 70 years. Exploration is still finding new oil deposits. Research is also finding new like bio-diesel that should be able to keep our heavy ground transportation systems running.

Now they need to concentrate on the one of the largest users of fossil fuels, the aviation industry.
    That’s a long time, but another way to look at it is that we will be “out of gas” in our kids’, or at best, our grandkids’ lifetimes.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

.00 per gallon gas

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post

Knowing that at best there is only 70 years of oil left, why are Republicans so resistant to new sources of energy? It doesn't make sense to me.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Knowing that at best there is only 70 years of oil left, why are Republicans so resistant to new sources of energy? It doesn't make sense to me.

... they are like petulant teenagers who cannot get their way even if it is a good idea and they know it is.

EVs are not for everyone but great for others. Using examples such as towing a trailer ,which most people will never do, does not preclude the value of EVs.