Page 79 of 167 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889129 ... LastLast
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: $5.00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    It is just "canned" noise. Id est, computer generated sound played out speakers to make it sound like a muscle car which no EV really is.
    The post clearly states that there is no speaker.

Still artificial, but no speaker.

EVs can be scary fast compared to gasoline.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    The post clearly states that there is no speaker.

Still artificial, but no speaker.

EVs can be scary fast compared to gasoline.
    From everything that I have read elsewhere about when Chrysler Corporation finally starts mass production of their EV muscles cars in 3 to 5 years, they will. The 3 to 5 years is how long it will take to obtain land and build the new factories. Ford on the other is merely converting existing Mustang factories.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Australian bank to scrap loans for new diesel and gasoline cars as country looks to increase EV uptake

• While there will be no more loans for new combustion engine vehicles — including hybrids — from 2025, Bank Australia will continue to provide them for used ones.
    • Australian government says it’s “significantly behind the pack when it comes to electric vehicles.”
    • According to the International Energy Agency, electric vehicle sales hit 6.6 million in 2021.

An Australian bank plans to stop giving loans for new diesel and gasoline cars as the country tries to encourage the use of electric vehicles and catch up with other developed countries.

In a statement Friday, Bank Australia said it would scrap loans for new fossil fuel vehicles from 2025. Sasha Courville, its chief impact officer, said that date had been picked “because the change to electric vehicles needs to happen quickly.”

The bank, Courville added, believed this could happen “with the right supporting policies in place to bring a greater range of more affordable electric vehicles to Australia.”

While there will be no more loans for new combustion engine vehicles — including hybrids — from 2025, Bank Australia will continue to provide them for used ones.
    “We’ll continue to offer loans for second-hand fossil fuel vehicles until there is a viable and thriving market for electric vehicles,” it said.

On that front, Friday also saw the Australian government provide information about plans to set up a National Electric Vehicle Strategy for the country, with a discussion paper on the matter due to be released for consultation.

In an announcement, the government said Australia was “significantly behind the pack when it comes to electric vehicles.”

It added that, at just 2%, the country’s uptake of new low-emission vehicles was “nearly five times lower than the global average — national leadership is needed to ensure we don’t continue to be left behind.”

“In this context, we believe that now is the time to have an orderly and sensible discussion about whether vehicle fuel efficiency standards could help improve the supply of electric vehicles into the Australian market, to address the cost-of-living impacts of inefficient cars, and to reduce emissions from the transport sector.”

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

From everything that I have read elsewhere about when Chrysler Corporation finally starts mass production of their EV muscles cars in 3 to 5 years, they will. The 3 to 5 years is how long it will take to obtain land and build the new factories. Ford on the other is merely converting existing Mustang factories.
    Can’t wait to see the EV version of the Hellcat, if there is one.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Can’t wait to see the EV version of the Hellcat, if there is one.
    If Dodge even makes one. Most likely there will be the Challenger and that is all. You might want to start pricing horse drawn buggies.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Ford Reportedly Laying Off 3,000 Employees. Here Are The Major U.S. Job Cuts Amid Growing Recession Fears.
    And that 3000 at Ford is just a drop in the bucket. Later in the article they mention another 8000 being axed by Ford. All total there are at least 42 businesses list that are cutting staff or have already cut stall this year. And then there are the smaller companies that manufacturer the components and those that manufacture the small parts. Contrary to what the White House is saying, the economy is sinking and doing so fast.

Ford Reportedly Laying Off 3,000 Employees. Here Are The Major U.S. Job Cuts Amid Growing Recession Fears.
    And that 3000 at Ford is just a drop in the bucket. Later in the article they mention another 8000 being axed by Ford. All total there are at least 42 businesses list that are cutting staff or have already cut stall this year. And then there are the smaller companies that manufacturer the components and those that manufacture the small parts. Contrary to what the White House is saying, the economy is sinking and doing so fast.
    Another Doom and Gloom the economy is sinking and doing so fast NOPE
    GE Appliances is working to hire 1,000 people at its Louisville factories by 2023

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Another Doom and Gloom the economy is sinking and doing so fast NOPE
    GE Appliances is working to hire 1,000 people at its Louisville factories by 2023

I have never seen anyone so happy to say the economy is sinking as Slimeslob seems to be. Talk about wishing for bad things to happen.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    I have never seen anyone so happy to say the economy is sinking as Slimeslob seems to be. Talk about wishing for bad things to happen.
    No just leaning more to realize the truth about the economy.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Just report the truth about where the current administration is taking this country. Oh by the way, those GE jobs that bsm2 mentioned, the reason he didn't post a link is because it first was announced nearly a year ago and they are still working on it. It hasn't fully happened yet.