Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Re: $5.00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Any reasonable person understands that gas and oil policies out of D.C. have a profound effect on the price of energy. Especially when one party's stated goal is to bankrupt the oil industry.

Stop feeding the trolls. That's the only why we have a chace to get them to debate honsestly. It's a waste of time.
    Why are you gatekeeping the "anything goes" threads? What are you afraid of?

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Any reasonable person understands that gas and oil policies out of D.C. have a profound effect on the price of energy. Especially when one party's stated goal is to bankrupt the oil industry.

Stop feeding the trolls. That's the only why we have a chace to get them to debate honsestly. It's a waste of time.
    Any reasonably intelligent person knows that the price of oil is not controlled by individual countries. It's a free market and is controlled by the rules of supply and demand. The more supply or decreased demand causes prices to drop. Less supply or increased demand will generally cause the prices to increase.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Please do not feed the trolls. This question is for anyone that wants to have an open and honest conversation. I don't care what party you belong to.

Question: Is there any good or commodity that is sold in the free market that the price has been artificially inflated by government policy?

Here's something to think about when discussing the "free market". This shouldn't have to be said. It is common knowledge.

Governments can create subsidies, taxing the public and giving the money to an industry, or tariffs, adding taxes to foreign products to lift prices and make domestic products more appealing. Higher taxes, fees, and greater regulations can stymie businesses or entire industries.

I'm not interested in the trolls. Anyone else?
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Please do not feed the trolls. This question is for anyone that wants to have an open and honest conversation. I don't care what party you belong to.

Question: Is there any good or commodity that is sold in the free market that the price has been artificially inflated by government policy?

Here's something to think about when discussing the "free market". This shouldn't have to be said. It is common knowledge.

I'm not interested in the trolls. Anyone else?
    The government already gives money to the oil industry. It hasn't kept the price down.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Since Republicans took the house gas prices have risen by over 20 cents per litre. That's about 80 cents per gallon. What the hell is with that?
    You're going to hasve to explain where you get your numbers. According to GasBuddy, an online service that tracks prices on a daily basis, the average price in both the USA and Canada has risen only 26 cents per gallon and since the November they have actually fallen. Gas Station Price Charts - Local & National Historical Average Trends - GasBuddy.com

.00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You're going to hasve to explain where you get your numbers. According to GasBuddy, an online service that tracks prices on a daily basis, the average price in both the USA and Canada has risen only 26 cents per gallon and since the November they have actually fallen. Gas Station Price Charts - Local & National Historical Average Trends - GasBuddy.com

I wouldn't bother with the trolls. Anyone in their right mind knows that democrats control the Whitehouse and senate. And Biden is on record saying he would veto anything the republicans send him. These trolls aren't interested in anything but trolling.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Good answer but don't feed the trolls.
    I prefer exposing them as idiots.

.00 per gallon gas

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I prefer exposing them as idiots.

I hear you.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

I wouldn't bother with the trolls. Anyone in their right mind knows that democrats control the Whitehouse and senate. And Biden is on record saying he would veto anything the republicans send him. These trolls aren't interested in anything but trolling.
    I provide facts for everyone to read.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    .00 per gallon gas

Nobody wants gatekeepers here. This is "anything goes".