Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Re: Gardens, Food and Food supply issues.

Quote Originally Posted by DRichard View Post
    Well, no way mine is useable!

Its so bad there is enough antibiotics, antidepressants and estrogen that gets back into the drinking water due to recycled sewage water to cause trouble...
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    I have studied veganism and know some vegans personally. I have actually attended some classes of one of the people in this video, they are fruitarians, they only eat fruit and claim they can get all of their nutrition though the fruits they eat and cure all the bodies ailments though fruit. Fruitarians are very extreme and seem unhealthy to me, very skinny with heavy looking eyes. The body needs meat of some source whether it be land or sea, cooked of course, and replacing it with fruits or insects, yes, insects will not cut it. I see now where on Hollyweirdo stars are eating insects, crazy stuff. I ate a fried grasshopper and a cricket on a dare when I was about 18, I ate them they tasted like crap, but I won the bet and got me a nice 12 pack of beer.

Nothing wrong with the looks of her. Meat only diet.. Interesting topic.
    Whatever

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Gardens, Food and Food supply issues.

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    I have studied veganism and know some vegans personally. I have actually attended some classes of one of the people in this video, they are fruitarians, they only eat fruit and claim they can get all of their nutrition though the fruits they eat and cure all the bodies ailments though fruit. Fruitarians are very extreme and seem unhealthy to me, very skinny with heavy looking eyes. The body needs meat of some source whether it be land or sea, cooked of course, and replacing it with fruits or insects, yes, insects will not cut it. I see now where on Hollyweirdo stars are eating insects, crazy stuff. I ate a fried grasshopper and a cricket on a dare when I was about 18, I ate them they tasted like crap, but I won the bet and got me a nice 12 pack of beer.
    The one looks like he has scurvy. Without animal protein in your daily diet you need some other source fore the nine essential amino acids that your body is not capable of making as it can with the other 12 nonessential amino acids.

Essential Amino Acids: Definition, Benefits and Food Sources

Do Lentils Contain All Nine Essential Amino Acids? | livestrong

There are those who claim that raw fruits contain protein and essential amino acids. In the following article click on the individual fruit to see what it does provide. The only one that actually listed an amino acid was avocados and it was not one of the essential amino acids. Most were primarily vitamin sources and some showed a non specific protein, which IMHO was most like from the seeds which most people don't eat.

Fruits High in Amino acids | Whole Food Catalog

Whatever

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The one looks like he has scurvy. Without animal protein in your daily diet you need some other source fore the nine essential amino acids that your body is not capable of making as it can with the other 12 nonessential amino acids.

Essential Amino Acids: Definition, Benefits and Food Sources

Do Lentils Contain All Nine Essential Amino Acids? | livestrong

There are those who claim that raw fruits contain protein and essential amino acids. In the following article click on the individual fruit to see what it does provide. The only one that actually listed an amino acid was avocados and it was not one of the essential amino acids. Most were primarily vitamin sources and some showed a non specific protein, which IMHO was most like from the seeds which most people don't eat.

Fruits High in Amino acids | Whole Food Catalog
    Great information, thank you. I did not really know that much about amino acids, I knew they were crucial for health. We grow moringa oleifera trees on our property, I know they are very nutritious but I did not know they contained all the amino acids as well. They have a spicy taste, we eat them raw and powdered as well in our smoothies. Here is some information on the tree, I know they grow them in Africa to help with nutritional support as they do not require much water or attention to grow. Maybe, Allen has heard of this tree. You can actually kill parasites in water with the seeds if needed.302 Found
    moringa oleifera - Google Search

Ugh, you lost me a liver, yuck! My grandfather used to love his liver and onions.

Whatever

It amazes me what the FDA allows in foods, take fruit loops for example refined sugar is the first ingredient, related to obesity and hyper activity then it is loaded with a concoction of food colors that are linked to ADHD and cancer, not to mention its all gmo. If your a parent and you want the best nutrition for your children, you do not feed them this crap.
    Then parents can't figure out why their kids are so hyper active so they talk to their doctor who recommends putting them on pills to fix the issue. How about taking some of this crap out of their diet and always remember kids do not want to sit in a class room for hours at a time, they would much rather be out on the playground.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Chemicals are just BAD for you. For example, I see news stories every single day of people dying due to inhaling dihydrogen monoxide. Everywhere in our environment!!!

Here is a interesting lecture from Nina Teicholz on the vegetable oils and it's links to heart disease, cancer, inflammation etc. Once these oils are heated it becomes unstable and toxic, she also talks about the corruption in the food industry.