Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Re: Gardens, Food and Food supply issues.

There are exiting solutions that have been well understood for quite some time to remove PFAS from waste, also to make fertilizer, biofuel and hydrochar.
    PFAS should be eliminated from industry if possible. PFAS has found its way into our blood and our bodies can not discard it.

Robert Murray-Smith makes interesting YouTube videos on reusable energy and other sustainability concepts.

Whatever

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Gardens, Food and Food supply issues.

Big Mac anyone? I used to love them, years ago. From what I understand American cheese is not really a cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    There are exiting solutions that have been well understood for quite some time to remove PFAS from waste, also to make fertilizer, biofuel and hydrochar.
    PFAS should be eliminated from industry if possible. PFAS has found its way into our blood and our bodies can not discard it.

Robert Murray-Smith makes interesting YouTube videos on reusable energy and other sustainability concepts.

The concept of making fuel from waste products is awesome! I know a person who runs their truck off of waste oil from cooking oil. Agreed on the PFAS, bad stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    The concept of making fuel from waste products is awesome! I know a person who runs their truck off of waste oil from cooking oil. Agreed on the PFAS, bad stuff.

Remember there was a guy that crossed the US in a VW diesel micro bus going from one to the other fast food joint to fill-up on spent frying oil. Said the fumes had the smell of fish and chips.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Remember there was a guy that crossed the US in a VW diesel micro bus going from one to the other fast food joint to fill-up on spent frying oil. Said the fumes had the smell of fish and chips.
    Seems more sustainable and earth friendly than battery powered electric vehicles more governments are pushing.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    It was a couple years ago, in my local newspaper they had a article about a guy who converted his car to run on used cooking oil. He would collect it for free from the fast food places. He just shouldnt have let the newspaper do a article about him. When the state heard about this they slapped him with all kinds of fines because he was not paying at the pump so the state was not collecting road taxes. Even if they came up with a car that could run on straight tap water,that would just make the cost of water go up. Government is gonna screw you over no matter what.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    It was a couple years ago, in my local newspaper they had a article about a guy who converted his car to run on used cooking oil. He would collect it for free from the fast food places. He just shouldnt have let the newspaper do a article about him. When the state heard about this they slapped him with all kinds of fines because he was not paying at the pump so the state was not collecting road taxes. Even if they came up with a car that could run on straight tap water,that would just make the cost of water go up. Government is gonna screw you over no matter what.
    It is call bio-diesel.

That's a shame they gave a visionary a hard time. I laugh when people tell me they own their home and property. I always have to ask them, "do you pay your property tax?" Try not paying that and then see who own your home.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

An interesting thing is that so far we haven't a single government say anything about the loss of highway tax revenue from all the people charging their EVs overnight at home. Does that mean that everyone is paying through their home energy bills?

Pushed as "more ethical," I present to you the future of meat...lab grown meat coming to a store near you. Giving new meaning to "tube steak."
    Yuval Noah Harari: Meat from Labs Is More Ethical than Animal Husbandry