Page 9 of 98 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts davidmtupper's Avatar

Re: What republican politicians are actually concerned about. And it ain't people.

What most, but especially those on the left, fail to understand about minimum wage laws is this. No matter what the law says, the true minimum wage is zero. If the law set a wage that exceeds what a job is worth then the job gets cut and those duties get distributed to the workers that remain. The person that would have gotten that minimum wage job, whether it was pushing a broom in a factory or working the counter at a fast food place, is now unemployed and a burden on society rather than a productive member of society. Those that complain about not being able to raise a family on minimum wage have also missed a very important point, those jobs are generally for training and proving new workers. Once you prove yourself a capable worker willing to take on more responsibility you will generally get raises. If you are not getting raises and your coworkers are you might want to look at your performance and effort.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Re: What republican politicians are actually concerned about. And it ain't people.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I think you're ill informed and have no idea of what you're talking about, son.

Are you really that naive?

Do you honestly believe that democrats aren't corrupt?

And lets get something straight. You dismissed my concern about businesses being afraid to publically list their donations out of fear of being attacked in serveral ways. You also refused to answer my questions. I asked you to list an event that riviled what Antifa and BLM did. You gonna answer or not?

Now get this, you refuse to even list your real name on here and who you support because you're afraid of "something". Tell us why you won't list your real name. What are you scared of?

And who buys more votes than democrats? All that free shit that they give away and the whole time Biden is on the take and Pelsoi is getting rich by trading insider information. Not to mention paying off unions. Do you know how that works or would you like me to explain it? Wake up, son.
    So there are some corrupt democrats. At least they ALL still voted to expose corruption. Can't say that about Republicans. There may be a few Republicans that weren't corrupt but 100% voted to block this oversight. The two parties are not the same.

Whether or not I list my name doesn't change the fact that you support corruption. Copytechnet isn't going to block a $50 cap on insulin, Republicans did. We have a right to know where public officials get their money. Big pharma gave 70 million to the Republicans. Guess we won't know which Republican got what.

Nobody gives away free shit. We just want our tax dollars to go toward shit that benefits the people, not corrupt politicians.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    What republican politicians are actually concerned about. And it ain't people.

Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    So there are some corrupt democrats. At least they ALL still voted to expose corruption. Can't say that about Republicans. There may be a few Republicans that weren't corrupt but 100% voted to block this oversight. The two parties are not the same.

Whether or not I list my name doesn't change the fact that you support corruption. Copytechnet isn't going to block a $50 cap on insulin, Republicans did. We have a right to know where public officials get their money. Big pharma gave 70 million to the Republicans. Guess we won't know which Republican got what.

Nobody gives away free shit. We just want our tax dollars to go toward shit that benefits the people, not corrupt politicians.

For some reason you're scared to list your name and the candidates that you support and refuse to say why you're scared.

You refuse to answer my question about Antifa and BLM.

Son, the democrat party is corrupt as shit and Biden is as dirty as any politician. And so his is son. You voted for him. You must support corruption. Spare me your righteous indignation.

Demcrats don't give away free shit? LOL

What to you call forgiveness of student loans or handing out money to illegal immigrants? You're right, though, it's not free. I have to pay for it. You should thank me.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmtupper View Post
    What most, but especially those on the left, fail to understand about minimum wage laws is this. No matter what the law says, the true minimum wage is zero. If the law set a wage that exceeds what a job is worth then the job gets cut and those duties get distributed to the workers that remain. The person that would have gotten that minimum wage job, whether it was pushing a broom in a factory or working the counter at a fast food place, is now unemployed and a burden on society rather than a productive member of society. Those that complain about not being able to raise a family on minimum wage have also missed a very important point, those jobs are generally for training and proving new workers. Once you prove yourself a capable worker willing to take on more responsibility you will generally get raises. If you are not getting raises and your coworkers are you might want to look at your performance and effort.

Denmark pays it's employees an average of $22/hr plus 6 weeks of vacation. Burgers still cost less than $5.

If what you say is true, Denmark McD's would have to cut workers and shift the burden to everyone else. But they aren't staffed any differently or going out of business.

What people on the right fail to understand is the idea 15 min wage would collapse our economy is propaganda. $5 burgers can pay people $22/hr +6 weeks of vacation and still turn a profit.

Denmark pays it's employees an average of $22/hr plus 6 weeks of vacation. Burgers still cost less than $5.

If what you say is true, Denmark McD's would have to cut workers and shift the burden to everyone else. But they aren't staffed any differently or going out of business.

What people on the right fail to understand is the idea 15 min wage would collapse our economy is propaganda. $5 burgers can pay people $22/hr +6 weeks of vacation and still turn a profit.

Riddle me this, Batman. If a burger flipper makes $22 an hour, what does a copier tech make? They must be making $60 per hour, no?

For some reason you're scared to list your name and the candidates that you support and refuse to say why you're scared.

You refuse to answer my question about Antifa and BLM.

Son, the democrat party is corrupt as shit and Biden is as dirty as any politician. And so his is son. You voted for him. You must support corruption. Spare me your righteous indignation.

Demcrats don't give away free shit? LOL

What to you call forgiveness of student loans or handing out money to illegal immigrants? You're right, though, it's not free. I have to pay for it. You should thank me.
    Here's the vote again:
    Motion to Invoke Cloture: Motion to Proceed to S. 4822 -- GovTrack.us
    All the Dems want to fight corruption. All the Republicans don't.

I support a party that at least fights corruption. You can't say that. If that bothers you then you should stop voting it instead of getting mad at me.

Here's the vote again:
    Motion to Invoke Cloture: Motion to Proceed to S. 4822 -- GovTrack.us
    All the Dems want to fight corruption. All the Republicans don't.

I support a party that at least fights corruption. You can't say that. If that bothers you then you should stop voting it instead of getting mad at me.
    No, you support a party that wants to tax business out the ass and then control them by vilifying them in the press and making them out to be monsters. Take you for example, you believe big pharma is evil. Yet, they've saved more lives than socialized medicine....which you love and is failing in Canada.

Riddle me this, Batman. If a burger flipper makes $22 an hour, what does a copier tech make? They must be making $60 per hour, no?

Dan Price paid his employees 35k a year because that's what the going market rate was. He gave them 20% raises a year until they got to 70k a year. Every year he gave raises his profits went up to cover them.

If you spent half as much time trying to debunk everything that conflicts with your prejudices instead of actually learning something you might get somewhere.

Dan Price paid his employees 35k a year because that's what the going market rate was. He gave them 20% raises a year until they got to 70k a year. Every year he gave raises his profits went up to cover them.

If you spent half as much time trying to debunk everything that conflicts with your prejudices instead of actually learning something you might get somewhere.

I'm trying to learn but you're a terrible teacher.

Did you or did you not tell me that someone that works in a burger joint makes $22 per hour?

I can only assume that a copier tech is worth 3x what a burger flipper is worth and would expect to be rightfully compensated in that way. That's the way the free market works.

Or are you talking about some socailism bullshit?

Do you understand the free market economy?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Pretty soon, if not already, persons working in fast food will be replaced with automation. If you look long term, it will be much cheaper to have robotic automation then to have to worry about sick days, slip and fall lawsuits, health care, etc. Most fast food restaurants already skip around healthcare insurance by not giving the employee a full 40 hours a week.
    I'm sure this is debatable, but look at what happened to the auto industry, robotics replaced many, if not all, the unionized jobs. Workers were making a killing and taking advantage of the system in place, but most car companies found automation to be a much more cost effective long term alternative. I believe it is just a matter of a few years and most of those fast food employees will be replaced by robotic automation.
    Labor shortages are accelerating automation in the fast food industry | Fortune