Page 66 of 98 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts davidmtupper's Avatar

Re: What republican politicians are actually concerned about. And it ain't people.

I have no problem with teaching facts, which can differ from the truth depending on your philosophy. The left has a serious problem with facts that don't fit their philosophy, the list that I gave (which is far from complete) can't be taught according to most on the left. Those facts are offensive to them, they would rather teach the false "truth" of the 1619 Project.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    What republican politicians are actually concerned about. And it ain't people.

Re: What republican politicians are actually concerned about. And it ain't people.

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    What's wrong with teaching the true history of how African Americans were treated from the time of slavery to the present? Why is DeSantis so afraid of the truth?
    As long as they teach the entire history including how African blacks were sold into slavery by other African blacks. It seems to me that the blacks still in Africa are the ones that should be paying reparations to the descendants of slaves.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Why have all these serial killers served time but one? He picked up where the Busch criminal empire left off. FACT, this man alone has over 5,000 innocent victims (families, women, children, fathers, etc.) and all they were guilty of was going about their daily lives until they were attacked by drone strikes, bombs, bullets, etc. I know why hate Afghanistan civilians hate him so much. Promises... promises. Wait, didn't he promise change?? What change? Oh, he changed the definition of a serial killer, he killed over 5,000 innocent civilians and never went to jail...that must be the change he was talking about, and to think he won a noble peace prize while doing it and now resides in a $12 million mansion in Martha's Vineyard.
    Countries Obama Bombed 2023The drone king.jpg

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    So what? Teaching the truth seems to bother the republicans more than the democrats. Why is that?
    You seem to believe, for reasons unknown, that teaching the truth is a bad thing.
    And this is why reading material should be reviewed . "the truth seems to bother the republicans more then the democrats " . I guess that is why you think the way you do , you get told something and you believe it .

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidmtupper View Post
    I have no problem with teaching facts, which can differ from the truth depending on your philosophy. The left has a serious problem with facts that don't fit their philosophy, the list that I gave (which is far from complete) can't be taught according to most on the left. Those facts are offensive to them, they would rather teach the false "truth" of the 1619 Project.
    It's DeSantis, a republican, who refuses to have African American history taught. I repeat, he's a republican, not a democrat. I believe the truth should be taught no matter who it embarrasses. He seems to have a different philosophy of the subject

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBM View Post
    And this is why reading material should be reviewed . "the truth seems to bother the republicans more then the democrats " . I guess that is why you think the way you do , you get told something and you believe it .
    Huh?? What are you talking about?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Don't take the troll bait.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

DeSantis, a republican, is refusing to have the history taught. Not me.

What is wrong with reviewing books that are being taught in school ? you see what is happining on collage campuses they are not only banning conservative books but BANNING speakers with opposing views that they do not agree with . You dont seem worried about there freedom . Collage kids are old enough to make there own mind up but the elementary kids , not so much and can easily BE INDOCTRINATED .
    INDOCTRINATED just another Republican Myth and trigger word.

Name one student or one school or one college

I'll wait

BTW Governor Dipstick been in office the last 4 year the books and programs have been under his control. Now it's a problem? He's wanting to create conflict where their was nun.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Don't take the troll bait.
    Poor Billy boy unable to engage in an Adult conversation