Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Hiring a copier tech question??

Re: Hiring a copier tech question??

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Understood. But the question is, which way does spinning impeller rotate? That will determine if water enters the top or bottm. To me that would depend on the direction of spine leafs that make up part of the impeller. I couldn't make out the direction. I'm gonna take a better look.

Below is a picture I pulled off the internet. I can tell which direction the impeller will spin. On the pic in test....not so much.

Attachment 54692

It's question number 56 if you want to take peek at the one I'm talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    With that design it will pump water in both directions... One way much better then the other. The centrifugal force creates pressure and will have outlet pressure regardless of the position of the outlet.
    One way to fail the question. Took tests for an ATM technician position and failed it, the reason was not what I thought.
    Shit sorry side tracking the thread.
    The rotation direction depends on the purpose of the pump. Centrifugal will produce pressure and is also good in most circulation systems. It does not however create as much suction if that is what you need the pump for.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

With that design it will pump water in both directions... .

I'm gonna have to disagree with that. The pump is designed for the impeller to spin counter clockwise. You can see the arrow at the top that indicates the correct direction.

If it spins the other way, water will be pumped in the opposite direction of the outlet. JMHO. I'm sure some water would slosh out the top, though.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

lol. Kyocera.

I would ask the 'candidate' specific Kyo questions regarding maintenance kits, simulation codes, how to run gradation test prits etc.

You could also run a simple practical test, for example have printer on a network & ask them to install the driver & set up a SMB scan folder.

gay-pride-rainbow-flag.jpg
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Its not intuitive but I realize that while I was designing this. Fan with CD/DVD ROM motor by Willitbreak - Thingiverse
    Changing the polarity only marginally reduced the performance. Did not expect that.

Untitled.jpg

Installed and wired 3 phase pumps before and had to make sure that the phases was not switched.
    This explained it to me a bit better.

Whatever

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Its not intuitive but I realize that while I was designing this. Fan with CD/DVD ROM motor by Willitbreak - Thingiverse
    Changing the polarity only marginally reduced the performance. Did not expect that.

Untitled.jpg

Installed and wired 3 phase pumps before and had to make sure that the phases was not switched.
    This explained it to me a bit better.

Hey, Allan. I've read your posts since joining this site. You have a wide area of knowledge. I tip my hat to you. It's impressive.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Three phase or capacitor start?

Hey, Allan. I've read your posts since joining this site. You have a wide area of knowledge. I tip my hat to you. It's impressive.
    Thank you kindly. The talents of a misguided youth I guess. Or my ability to be articulate to the point of being believable. You are quite knowledgeable yourself and not afraid of a good challenge. Like taking on new technicians.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Three phase or capacitor start?
    The L1,L2,L3 kind were 6 wires comes out of the motor from the ends of 3 coils. They are self starting in nature no caps required. The size and weight for the same power output gets reduced drastically using 3 phase instead of single phase.
    Whatever

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Thank you kindly. The talents of a misguided youth I guess. Or my ability to be articulate to the point of being believable. You are quite knowledgeable yourself and not afraid of a good challenge. Like taking on new technicians.

The L1,L2,L3 kind were 6 wires comes out of the motor from the ends of 3 coils. They are self starting in nature no caps required. The size and weight for the same power output gets reduced drastically using 3 phase instead of single phase.
    But get the connected wrong and things like A/C compressors either try to run backwards or don't run at all.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    But get the connected wrong and things like A/C compressors either try to run backwards or don't run at all.
    Yea on some machinery you must disconnect the drive train before you commission the machine to be super sure it runs in the right direction or things break. Motor control inverters have become much more affordable and changing direction and controlling speed is just a mater pressing some buttons.
    Whatever