Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Good bye from Polarbear

So after almost 30 years in the OA industry (17 September 2022 would have been), starting out in 1992 as a greenhorn laser printer tech at a franchise of Nashua in South Africa, then taking on cellular phone repairs (at Nashua Mobile) for 4 years (worst idea ever as customers were straight from hell!) and then coming back to OA at the start of the Ricoh Digital Era (who remembers the Aficio MV310 and 715?).

It has been fun (for the most part), as progressing from laser printers to digital copiers and then color digital copiers were logical. I came to Copytechnet looking for an answer to a difficult issue, and never left!

I found it to be a wealth of info and met souls from all over the world without ever leaving South Africa! I tried to also share info I came across, so as to give more than I take.

On 18 July this year though, an opportunity came up, I could not say no to, and it was completely outside of OA (I always promised myself that when I leave, I leave the industry) not just my employer.

I joined a 20 year old company that manufactures and supplies 4x4 and camping equipment locally and overseas. I have learnt a lot in the almost 2 months since I joined, and have met a ton of new people at the same time.

I wish all the good people of Copytechnet only the best and wish to thank all the folks who were only to keen to respond to my cries for help when I was out of ideas. Keep up the good work!

Regards

Polarbear AKA Theunis
    Press the GREEN button!!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Good bye from Polarbear

Re: Good bye from Polarbear

Best wishes Polarbear. This business tends to wear people down.

Remember that you're always welcome here, with or without a tech job. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Best of luck!

ZA with all its problems still stays an awesome country to live in. Cape Town is a place onto itself. I would have moved there long ago if that area payed better than JHB. One thing about Nashua is that they seemed to treat guys better that others. The 4x4 accessory and trailer industry is fun depending on the position. I designed roof top tents that are still in use on some of the brands. Were are you starting? Sales position?
    Whatever

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Good bye from Polarbear

You still have a wealth of knowledge that you can share here.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

I envy the 4x4 world outside the US. Everything I own is four wheel drive but I rarely get to put it to use. When I need it I need it.

Copiers are copiers. Now you will be working with customers who have a passion for what you will be offering them. Enjoy.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

So, this past Saturday as part of my new job, we attended a 4x4 fun day at Atlantis dunes on the West Coast of South Africa.

It gave me the opportunity to take my Amarok 4 motion on the sand to see how she would cope.

I recently fitted Maxxis Razr AT811 tyres and must say, they performed well.

Overall a good day and fun had by all.

_49A6741a.jpg
    Press the GREEN button!!