Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Health on the Road

Request deletion
    Last edited by JR2ALTA; 12-03-2022 at 05:40 AM.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Health on the Road

Re: Health on the Road

I honestly doubt that changing your job alone would help you here.

I managed to reduce my weight by 12 kilos by informing myself properly about the crap which is in junk food (hence the name....) and all the other garbage in industrial produced food and the negative side effects for ones health. Furthermore, I became so disgusted from every kind of food coming from the foodstuff industry and the chemicals and substances used, that I have no problem anymore keeping away from it.

When on the road and not having brought food with me, I'll get a large salad from anywhere. Lots of possibilities here in Europe. Then later I'll have a proper meal at home. Found that preparing food myself became a real pleasure for me. Never learned cooking because I had the best Mommy doing that and my wife also can cook very well but not always healthy enough to my newly developed personal standards. But now I plan the day or days before what I am going to cook. A joy itself, as weird as it may sound.

But I know, not every one's body is the same. For me, my difficulty, I'm still fighting with the craving for sugary stuff, especially when I see it. If out of sight, it seems much easier, but there are days full of depression and misery, that it will be very hard to not give in.

Wish you good luck my friend.

Hans
    Last edited by Hansoon; 12-03-2022 at 03:30 PM.
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

A good couple of years ago i became more aware of the fact that we are what we eat. I started making salad in the morning. The trick is in the dressing and avocado. If its got good dressing and avocado its all good. I will not have much of an apatite for it until I dig in then its all good munchies. Good olive oil, balsamic vinegar, paprika, turmeric and cumin does well to make the goat food palatable. I lost plenty of weight eating more! I fill up a 2 liter container with salad stuffs and started driving that around with that. It was difficult to contain the extra energy I found after a couple of weeks of getting into the habit.

Since then I got into it more and more and found incredible cure all's that are considered as weeds that helps for craving and mental clarity! I do not eat any processed foods and like Hans found enjoyment in preparing food. Now I grow most of my own food.

Sugar is my weak point and controlling the craving for that I find my biggest issue that and smoking...

Making the salads takes me 5 to 10 min max. I found respect for a good chefs knife and if its well maintained its a joy to use. Took some tips for wielding a proper knife, peppers and onions lives in fear of me.
    Whatever

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Health on the Road

Being on the road, I found myself eating every time I sat in the car.

At first I started by including carrot sticks, then adding rutabaga sticks, then adding jicama sticks (Mexican potato). In a way it was easy, because I have almost no sense of smell. I left it behind in my teens, working in a paint booth with gallons of aerosol trichloroethylene.

For those of you that can smell, most food for me tastes about the same, but crunch becomes increasingly important. So vegetable sticks fit the bill nicely.

I also had a little problem with caffeine. I was drinking a gallon of coffee each day. I don't know how much caffeine that is ... at 95mg per cup average, that's 1.5g of caffeine per day. Don't try this at home folks! It took me a couple years to build up to it, and 2 months to cut it out entirely. I discovered that I wasn't really sleeping. Now I manage nicely on 6oz of coffee per day.

I maintain about 30# less (13.6kg) now than I did in 2002. =^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 12-03-2022 at 06:40 PM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=