Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Maybe faxing will disappear!  FINALLY

Re: Maybe faxing will disappear! FINALLY

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    FYI he Office of Communications, commonly known as Ofcom, is the government-approved regulatory and competition authority for the broadcasting, telecommunication and postal industries of the United Kingdom.
    Not applicable in the US.

YES, I realize that...it was assumed people would know that.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Maybe faxing will disappear!  FINALLY

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    I have to send glucose readings to my doctor periodically.

Even though he is part of a major hospital, there is no way for me to directly submit them electronically; they must be faxed or snail-mailed.

Fortunately, I can submit them to a website for the hospital, but then I still need to fax them out of that site to his office.

While it’s easy to do, it’s still a time consuming pain in the a…I mean neck.
    Sounds like that hospital needs a drastic update to their their HIS, Hospital Information System, software. Most of the major hospital here in Bakersfield have all their enrolled doctors and affiliated labs and other services linked into their system. I can go to any of the affiliated labs for blood draw and my doctor will have the results by the next morning. If I go to the main lab, he will have them within 2 to 3 hours, depending on how long the test actually takes to process. They even have a patient portal where I can also check what the results are and see my account with any and all insurance payments and if there is a balance due, make the payment.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Sounds like that hospital needs a drastic update to their their HIS, Hospital Information System, software. Most of the major hospital here in Bakersfield have all their enrolled doctors and affiliated labs and other services linked into their system. I can go to any of the affiliated labs for blood draw and my doctor will have the results by the next morning. If I go to the main lab, he will have them within 2 to 3 hours, depending on how long the test actually takes to process. They even have a patient portal where I can also check what the results are and see my account with any and all insurance payments and if there is a balance due, make the payment.
    My hospital has all that, too.

It’s just patient supplied input that is back in the dark ages.

It could be that it’s just his office wants it that way.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins