Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 127
  1. #101
    IT Manager 10,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Biden 2024
    Posts
    21,925
    Rep Power
    300

    Re: Florida were Freedom Dies under Republicans

    In a surprising turn of events, the state of Illinois has extended an inviting hand to the Walt Disney Company, suggesting that they bring their halted $1 billion development project to the Land of Lincoln.

    While Florida's Governor Ron DeSantis finds himself entangled in a battle with the House of Mouse, Illinois is more than happy to remind Disney that they would make a perfect new home for their abandoned venture.



    Read More: Is Disney Moving Its Corporate Headquarters To Illinois? | Is Disney Moving Its Corporate Headquarters To Illinois?

  2. #102
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    VALRIC, FL
    Posts
    391
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Florida were Freedom Dies under Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    In a surprising turn of events, the state of Illinois has extended an inviting hand to the Walt Disney Company, suggesting that they bring their halted $1 billion development project to the Land of Lincoln.

    While Florida's Governor Ron DeSantis finds himself entangled in a battle with the House of Mouse, Illinois is more than happy to remind Disney that they would make a perfect new home for their abandoned venture.



    Read More: Is Disney Moving Its Corporate Headquarters To Illinois? | Is Disney Moving Its Corporate Headquarters To Illinois?
    Wrong thread . Should be in the Joke of the Day thread .

  3. #103
    The Wolf 1,000+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    2,401
    Rep Power
    111

    Re: Florida were Freedom Dies under Republicans

    Depending on which side of the fence you reside, DeSantis vs. Trump is going to be interesting to say the least. Anybody catch Trumps audio response with Hitler.....? Nothing but class from the GOP.

    What DeSantis is doing in Florida should shock all Americans, regardless of political affiliation. Using the government to retaliate against a business simply because they oppose legislation publicly is about as clear as it gets with government overreach. Corporations also have a right to free speech and using the government to punish that speech is against the founding principles of this country. More than that, it is bad for business in general, all business.
    Image a company gets a 10 year tax abatement to build a factory here in Ohio. They build the factory, create hundreds of jobs, tax revenue, etc.. Then is year 5 of the 10-year abatement, the government passes laws the company doesn't agree with. The company expresses its opposition publicly. The governor then moves to pass laws breaking the 10 year tax abatement ONLY because that company exercised its First Amendment rights. This is what DeSantis is doing is Florida. He's all butt hurt because Disney doesn't like him, or his laws and he is using the power of the state government to enact revenge. Government is there for the will of the people, not the whims of one man.


    Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

  4. #104
    IT Manager 10,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Biden 2024
    Posts
    21,925
    Rep Power
    300

    Re: Florida were Freedom Dies under Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Depending on which side of the fence you reside, DeSantis vs. Trump is going to be interesting to say the least. Anybody catch Trumps audio response with Hitler.....? Nothing but class from the GOP.

    What DeSantis is doing in Florida should shock all Americans, regardless of political affiliation. Using the government to retaliate against a business simply because they oppose legislation publicly is about as clear as it gets with government overreach. Corporations also have a right to free speech and using the government to punish that speech is against the founding principles of this country. More than that, it is bad for business in general, all business.
    Image a company gets a 10 year tax abatement to build a factory here in Ohio. They build the factory, create hundreds of jobs, tax revenue, etc.. Then is year 5 of the 10-year abatement, the government passes laws the company doesn't agree with. The company expresses its opposition publicly. The governor then moves to pass laws breaking the 10 year tax abatement ONLY because that company exercised its First Amendment rights. This is what DeSantis is doing is Florida. He's all butt hurt because Disney doesn't like him, or his laws and he is using the power of the state government to enact revenge. Government is there for the will of the people, not the whims of one man.


    Most of all the new laws are already being challenged in court.

    Banning Books
    Banning people from buying property
    Banning Nouns
    Passing law so he can remain Governor as he runs for President
    Banning Abortion
    Banning Transgender
    Banning dragshows Really that's a problem
    The list goes on

    BTW Disney stop funding Republicans that's why he's pissed.

  5. #105
    IT Manager 10,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Biden 2024
    Posts
    21,925
    Rep Power
    300

    Re: Florida were Freedom Dies under Republicans


  6. #106
    IT Manager 10,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Biden 2024
    Posts
    21,925
    Rep Power
    300

    Re: Florida were Freedom Dies under Republicans

    Florida high-rise condo owners feel financial pinch with rising HOA fees and insurance costs

    Yep have to buy flood insurance if you on the 10th floor great job Gov Dipstick

    Almost all major insurance don't write homeowners coverage yet they write auto and health and life insurance way to screw the citizens of Florida

    Florida high-rise condo owners feel financial pinch with rising HOA fees and insurance costs
    Florida high-rise condo
    By: Stassy Olmos
    Posted at 3:42 PM, May 24, 2023 and last updated 2023-05-25 09:08:44-04
    PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. High-rise condos in Florida are feeling the financial squeeze with new structural mandates and rising insurance costs; now, individual condo homeowners with Citizens Property Insurance have to get flood coverage for their units, even if theyre 10 stories above ground.

    Mike Steurer lives in a 14-story high-rise condo just before the Skyway tollbooth in St Petersburg.

    We are on the 10th floor, and Im being told I've got to have flood insurance, Steurer exclaimed to ABC Action News Reporter Stassy Olmos. To me, that doesn't make a lot of sense paying for a product that I'll never need, being that high up.

    The condo is more than a piece of paradise to him.

    My family bought the condo, my grandparents, back in 1972. The building was originally built in 67. It was government housing and, in 72, winter condos. So my family has owned it since then, and my wife and I were lucky enough in 2012 to be able to purchase this, and we want to use it for our retirement, Stuerer explained.

    Hes five years from that dream retirement from working as an assistant fire chief and running a manufacturer furniture warehouse in Indiana. Still, he said watching the increasing cost of living in paradise is worrisome.

    A few months ago, he received a letter from his property insurance company, Citizens Property Insurance, that hell have to get supplemental flood insurance for the contents inside his condo.

  7. #107
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    VALRIC, FL
    Posts
    391
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Florida were Freedom Dies under Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Depending on which side of the fence you reside, DeSantis vs. Trump is going to be interesting to say the least. Anybody catch Trumps audio response with Hitler.....? Nothing but class from the GOP.

    What DeSantis is doing in Florida should shock all Americans, regardless of political affiliation. Using the government to retaliate against a business simply because they oppose legislation publicly is about as clear as it gets with government overreach. Corporations also have a right to free speech and using the government to punish that speech is against the founding principles of this country. More than that, it is bad for business in general, all business.
    Image a company gets a 10 year tax abatement to build a factory here in Ohio. They build the factory, create hundreds of jobs, tax revenue, etc.. Then is year 5 of the 10-year abatement, the government passes laws the company doesn't agree with. The company expresses its opposition publicly. The governor then moves to pass laws breaking the 10 year tax abatement ONLY because that company exercised its First Amendment rights. This is what DeSantis is doing is Florida. He's all butt hurt because Disney doesn't like him, or his laws and he is using the power of the state government to enact revenge. Government is there for the will of the people, not the whims of one man.


    These corporations are pressured and blackmailed by these activist to go against anyone that does not agree with them . It is good to know someone stands up with the MAJORITY of the people . That bill had nothing to do with Disneys business but yet you have a SMALL majority whine and cry and force them to take a political stand . Corporations are many people . Budlight is learning its lesson with that .

  8. #108
    The Wolf 1,000+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    2,401
    Rep Power
    111

    Re: Florida were Freedom Dies under Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by BBM View Post
    These corporations are pressured and blackmailed by these activist to go against anyone that does not agree with them . It is good to know someone stands up with the MAJORITY of the people . That bill had nothing to do with Disneys business but yet you have a SMALL majority whine and cry and force them to take a political stand . Corporations are many people . Budlight is learning its lesson with that .
    The point is government should not be seeking revenge for free speech, period, full stop.
    The only small minority whining and crying seems to be those on the right.
    Bud Light thing is a joke. No can was ever made, nothing distributed, they sent a mock up to the influencer, that's it. You are talking about roughly 1% of their global sales; they are not going broke because they went woke. Bud Light didn't know their audience and it went over like a fart in church, poor marketing on their part.
    I though the right was against "cancel culture", seems a conflict of interest to me, or, what is that word.....oh ya hypocrisy.
    Why does the GOP care what is in somebody else's pants, especially children?
    Twitter lost 80% of its ad revenue since the Musk take over, a far worse fate than what Bud Light is experiencing.


    Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

  9. #109
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    VALRIC, FL
    Posts
    391
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Florida were Freedom Dies under Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    The point is government should not be seeking revenge for free speech, period, full stop.
    The only small minority whining and crying seems to be those on the right.
    Bud Light thing is a joke. No can was ever made, nothing distributed, they sent a mock up to the influencer, that's it. You are talking about roughly 1% of their global sales; they are not going broke because they went woke. Bud Light didn't know their audience and it went over like a fart in church, poor marketing on their part.
    I though the right was against "cancel culture", seems a conflict of interest to me, or, what is that word.....oh ya hypocrisy.
    Why does the GOP care what is in somebody else's pants, especially children?
    Twitter lost 80% of its ad revenue since the Musk take over, a far worse fate than what Bud Light is experiencing.


    You are correct it was a marketing disaster for Bud Light but how about your company have a sales drop of 25% . Shareholders are not happy it effects them and damage control is going to be tough and costly. Your argument favors TWITTER and free speech thats what tweeter WAS NOT . Really its a small majority . Less the 10% (and im generous with that number) consider themselves gay , lesbian and whatever gender they think of forcing the 90% of us to abide by whatever they seem fit for there lifestlye .

  10. #110
    Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Florida were Freedom Dies under Republicans

    copier addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Diamond
    Posts
    10,540
    Rep Power
    283

    Re: Florida were Freedom Dies under Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by BBM View Post
    You are correct it was a marketing disaster for Bud Light but how about your company have a sales drop of 25% . Shareholders are not happy it effects them and damage control is going to be tough and costly. Your argument favors TWITTER and free speech thats what tweeter WAS NOT . Really its a small majority . Less the 10% (and im generous with that number) consider themselves gay , lesbian and whatever gender they think of forcing the 90% of us to abide by whatever they seem fit for there lifestlye .

    So kinda like the small minority of righties who are anti choice who want the rest of us to abide by their dislike of women's freedoms? Like mojorola said, HYPOCRISY!!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here