Page 15 of 84 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast
    All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Andy, that reminded me of a current radio commercial.

Two guys talking, one explains the great deal he got from the tire guys, he bought 3, got one free.
    The second guy..."come again?".
    First guy..."I bought three tires and they gave me one free."
    Second guy "You lost me.."
    First guy..."buy 3"
    Second guy..."OK so far"
    First guy..."get one free"
    Second guy..."what if I needed 4 tires?"
    First guy..."let's start again..."

the rest of the commercial kinda goes that way....
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    D_L_P, your post is virtually identical to a call I actually had this morning, with the exception that the problem was related to the power.

And no, its not one of those "power out on the whole block or building" kind of thing. It was the outlet. Oddly enough, the outlet was shared between a C450, a small cheap shredder and a mail stamp machine and radio. I went to the call to find the machine was definitely down. The customer in a panic, really needing to get a quote out but the "fax" machine (C450 with fax option) was not working. She casually mentioned that her radio wasn't working either as I was toggling the power switch on the copier. I stopped, looked at the other devices, noted they were not powered as well....

She said she checked the breaker.

She likely had.

But not the right one.
    Years ago I was a fax tech, and I had two calls within about a six week span at the same account for their Canon fax being dead.

Both times, the power plug had been VERY noticeably bumped almost completely out of the wall outlet.

Ironically enough, it was at a local power substation office.

Even worse, it's just under a mile from my house.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

toner monkey 100+ Posts jamesyboy's Avatar
    Allways love" youre not the normal engineer!"

I may be a bit alternative but am I jibbering and dribbling spit down my face NO!

always makes me feel like offering reply but bite ones lip !!!

All Rounder
    Client calls,"the machine is dead"
    me:"m'am, is the power switched on"
    Client:"DO YOU THINK I'M AN IDIOT?"

Drive there only to find out the customer is an idiot!THE ENTIRE BUILDING HAD AN POWER FAILURE!!!!!!!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by All Rounder View Post
    Client calls,"the machine is dead"
    me:"m'am, is the power switched on"
    Client:"DO YOU THINK I'M AN IDIOT?"

Drive there only to find out the customer is an idiot!THE ENTIRE BUILDING HAD AN POWER FAILURE!!!!!!!

It seems that many people out there have lost the ability to be observant to detail.

It's really disturbing.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

toner monkey 100+ Posts jamesyboy's Avatar
    while picking up some boards from the office an irrate worshop manager was somewhat struggling to fix a small machine he turned around and said to a young girl working with us at the time go get me a phillips screw driver she went into the sales florr and asked a sales guy named phillip can roger borrow youre screwdriver phill said aint got one she returned to the workshop and announced phillip hasnt got a screw driver

Classic blonde !!!!

The Ricoh FT4015 had a small front door that you would normally close with one hand - generally your right hand. However, the door interlock switch was on the left side, and a lot of times this wouldn't engage resulting in the customer ringing to say her machine was dead. Normally a phone call would sort it out. We rang this girl and asked her to open and close the door as if she was changing toner. This didn't solve the problem so an engineer went out. When he got there, he opened and closed the door and it worked! "Oh" says the girl, " I opened that door over there". She had opened and closed the door to the room where she kept her toner!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar
    This wasn't a customer it was my wife !!!! I got a phone call saying she had just bought a new kettle & could i fit a bigger socket as the plug was too big for the old socket!!!, i explained that all sockets are the same size & that the plug must fit, after a couple of minutes i asked what colour the prongs were on the plug & what they are made of, she replied a sort of white plastic. I explained to her she had to remove the plastic protector from the prongs before she could plug it in !!!!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

This wasn't a customer it was my wife !!!! I got a phone call saying she had just bought a new kettle & could i fit a bigger socket as the plug was too big for the old socket!!!, i explained that all sockets are the same size & that the plug must fit, after a couple of minutes i asked what colour the prongs were on the plug & what they are made of, she replied a sort of white plastic. I explained to her she had to remove the plastic protector from the prongs before she could plug it in !!!!!!
    I'm probably going to get in trouble for saying this, but I don't understand why techs marry girls who can't manage simple things like this. I know I'm more technically inclined then most women, but some things are obvious. At the first company I worked at, my service manager's girlfriend called the office in hysterics (he was on a call). The toilet was overflowing and she didn't know what to do. I told her to look behind the toilet for the cut-off. She was in tears and kept asking me if it was going to be ok. I told her to flush it and she was relieved when the water didn't come up. I told her I'd tell him so he could fix it when he got home. It just seemed to me that when water is running you should turn it off. What's so difficult about that?
    Last edited by prntrfxr; 08-20-2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: CLARIFICATION
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Well, you're not the regular girl then, are you? And the reason why most techs don't marry more knowledgeable girls is because the more knowledgeable girls know enough to find a better man!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!