Page 54 of 84 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Re: What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Whaaat.... Where's is your spirit of adventure... leave the power cord plugged in.....

I stepped over an electric fence one day an got zapped(40Kv) on my right inside leg just below my right testicle.... Oh sh!!!!!!t yeeeer... NOT RECOMMENDED for the faint hearted.... Took me ten minutes to get off the ground, an at least another hour of "you look white ,are you alright dear" from my wife.
    Grew up on a farm, and the old man had installed a electrical fence. He went to show off wearing rubber boots and held the line. My brother, who wasn't wearing rubber boots was intriqued and grabbed the old mans' arm, zapping them both. Good thing it was a pulse and not steady, but that was a priceless moment. The look those two had!

Service Manager 250+ Posts SwisSeV's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zoraldinho View Post
    Customer today came in our copyshop with USB stick with recorded bussines meeting mp3 file.He wanted to have printed text of the meeting.
    All you had to do was send it to Speechpad and double their rates as a "service fee". Gotta make that money wherever you can find it these days.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    Grew up on a farm, and the old man had installed a electrical fence. He went to show off wearing rubber boots and held the line. My brother, who wasn't wearing rubber boots was intriqued and grabbed the old mans' arm, zapping them both. Good thing it was a pulse and not steady, but that was a priceless moment. The look those two had!
    The smaller Horse paddock size pulsed Electric fences are about 5-10Kv at around 10ma with a perimeter up to 5-10km. The bigger cattle property pulsed electrical fences out west here pack about 20kv-40kv around ~50ma with a perimeter upward of 50km. The closer to the property Homestead power supply the more the darn mule kicks. Not something your want to place you tongue on to test if it's working. Trust me, I'm now a veteran expert on electrical fences, I have the T-shirt....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Whaaat.... Where's is your spirit of adventure... leave the power cord plugged in.....

I stepped over an electric fence one day an got zapped(40Kv) on my right inside leg just below my right testicle.... Oh sh!!!!!!t yeeeer... NOT RECOMMENDED for the faint hearted.... Took me ten minutes to get off the ground, an at least another hour of "you look white ,are you alright dear" from my wife.
    My high school auto shop had a spark plug tester that had a pin hole in the rubber boot that covered the clip for connecting to the spark plug. If you didn't get enough sleep the night before and forgot to let go of the boot before hitting the test button, you got woken up immediately.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Me- there are staples stuck in the adf again, is there any way you can train your users not to throw removed staples wherever they want?
    Customer- what do you mean? We dont throw staples in the machine.
    Me- well someones aim got better this week.tmp_30187-20160425_132133415702171.jpg

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Ha. At least they took the staples out. I've seen k-12 teachers of all people put docs in a feeder without removing the staples or worse put a paper clipped stack of docs in. oi veh.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    Me- there are staples stuck in the adf again, is there any way you can train your users not to throw removed staples wherever they want?
    Me- well someones aim got better this week.tmp_30187-20160425_132133415702171.jpg

Service Manager 250+ Posts SwisSeV's Avatar

That is a terrifying scene. I can't believe how sloppy those users are.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Me- didn't say a thing, just pulled the bridge unit out of copier, held it upside down over her desk and shook it. Wish I'd taken a photo of the look on her face as a handful of staples rained down on her desk.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts skookumchuck's Avatar

I have seen literally that many staples INSIDE a document feeder. Some were hanging on the wires above the circuit board inside. The result of hundreds or thousands of stapled packets through it.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    My high school auto shop had a spark plug tester that had a pin hole in the rubber boot that covered the clip for connecting to the spark plug. If you didn't get enough sleep the night before and forgot to let go of the boot before hitting the test button, you got woken up immediately.
    I watched an old motor mechanic one day testing for an V8 engine misfire. He pulled the spark plug rubber caps off a running V8 motor. He pulled two plugs off at a time, his whole body does a break dance move that would make Michael Jackson envious , but he just puts them back on the spark plugs an moves to the next one. Some people's natural body water is more alkaline than others, that allows them to do this sort of activity.

My lawn mower spark plug boots quite enough for me...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••