Page 76 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2666676869707172737475767778798081828384 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Re: What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    I know this has been mentioned before and I might have even been one to mention it. I just had a call on a C360 needing a K drum at bank. Replaced the drum and was IN THE MIDDLE of running gradation and the customer comes up, almost moving me out of the way, saying "I just need to make a quick scan!". Ummm, no you can't lady, I'm in the middle of an adjustment mode (didn't say it like that because I'm always polite, even to idiots). "Oh, I can't because you're in a mode?". Yep, I'll be done in a few minutes.

Seriously???!!!! WTF makes somebody think it's OK to interrupt someone else that's in the middle of trying to get them back to working ASAP? I like to use the analogy that you wouldn't ask your car mechanic if you could make a quick trip to the store while your car is up on a lift, would you? I just don't get it!!

I have had customers ask to make just 1 copy while I am kneeling down, parts of it on the floor. I have been known to reach into my pocket and hold out a pen for them saying they will have to use the back up!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

When I assist I always find scraps of abandoned paper in the output tray. Maybe they'll stay there forever, until someone throws them away. As soon as the printer technician arrives, all prints become urgent hahahaha

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

"It won't print." and a sulky look.

The fuser is spread out all over the glass.

I turn to him and smile. "Yup."
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Customer that try swipe card on the NFC logo

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Red face Re: What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Quote Originally Posted by Copier Whisperer View Post
    I once had a customer ask if we had a copier that used less paper.
    .......Lol. This is NOT the Copier's fault ...........It might be the user ???

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

And for another real good dumb question that was brought to mind the afternoon. There used to be on the IBM wheelwriters a key that allowed typing in a language other than english. Hit the code key and the key with "lang" on it and you had the special keyboard and with a special printwheel ypu could use the typewriter to type in french or spanish. Had one customer , rather dimwitted college girl, that would like to "learn to use all the features of her typewriter." Only problem was she was not fluent in anything but english. Had to explain to her three time that IBM made the typewriter standard so they did not have to have the extra cost of making three or different typewriters for use in the US, Canada, and Mexico. Then the real good question she always asked. "Well if it can be used to type in spanish or french then why doesn't it automatically translate what I am typing when I want to type in one of those languages?" Her boss finally took away the wheelwriter and gave her a simple easy to use selectric.

Technician

Why don't you bring us a new one?

While deep in a T/S or repair a dimwit asks "Why don't you just bring us a new one?"
    My response: "Excellent idea! Do you have a PO number, or can I use your name on the requisition?"
    They mumble, and saunter away. Prob solved.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

I once went on a service call at a church and the preacher watched over my shoulder the entire time I was working on the copier. I had to remove most of the exterior covers and the preacher tells me that he wants me to put the screws back in the same hole they came out of. He explained to me this is how he does it when he takes something apart.

I politely tell him that I have 4 service calls after this one and there's no need to do this as all the screws are the same. He wasn't having it. He wanted me to follow his instructions. There was no way I was gonna do it. He insisted. Finally I told him that this goes against the way I was trained by the factory. He finally shuts up long enough for me to do my job.

When I got back to the shop at the end of the day, he had reported me to the service manager.

I started to show up at his church on Sunday and tell him how I wanted him to preach.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I had one yesterday. She pointed at the fuser "it's getting very hot I burnt myself" so I pointed at the warning label.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

I'm on the technical help-desk now, so no face to face customer experiences at the moment, but this week I had a customer who had moved the printer from one room into an adjoining room and needed the engineer to set it up. I explained that, as long as the network port is live, it should work. She replied that they haven't plugged it in as they don't want to break it...let's get this right, you disconnected it, and moved it, but you cannot plug it in
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't