Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Re: What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

If y'all don't mind, I'd like to enter my most recent dumbass customer candidate. This happened yesterday.

I get a call from this young lady at a car lot who informs me that she can no longer scan to her PC. So, I arrive at the car lot and she walks over to the copier to show me that she can no longer scan. I sit down at her PC and there's no scan folder. I also notice that there's a generic print driver installed.

I asked if anyone had been jacking around on this PC and they said no. Then someone spoke up and said that this was a new (used)computer that was installed a few weeks ago.

I simply don't have the patience that I once had. It's getting harder and harder to bite my tongue.

Peace out.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    If y'all don't mind, I'd like to enter my most recent dumbass customer candidate. This happened yesterday.

I get a call from this young lady at a car lot who informs me that she can no longer scan to her PC. So, I arrive at the car lot and she walks over to the copier to show me that she can no longer scan. I sit down at her PC and there's no scan folder. I also notice that there's a generic print driver installed.

I asked if anyone had been jacking around on this PC and they said no. Then someone spoke up and said that this was a new (used)computer that was installed a few weeks ago.

I simply don't have the patience that I once had. It's getting harder and harder to bite my tongue.

Peace out.

probaly why Konica Minolta has started putting the power button on the side instead

My reply to customers who ask if I have fixed it properly - I say "No - Its job creation, if I fix it correctly the first time I would quickly be out of a job"

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I recently walked into a church office. The secretary said "I think this copier is possessed". I told her "that sounds like more of a job for the pastor instead of me then"

Both had a good laugh over it.
    The difference between Democrats and Republicans is.......

One party tells lies

and

the other party doesn't tell the truth.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

This is a little older, but I once had a customer trying to reach the sales rep about a copier he recently purchased. After a couple tries he contacted me to vent some. Then he said the obvious "I guess to get a salesman's attention you need to reach for their wallet"

Not a dumb comment at all

One party tells lies

and

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead View Post
    I recently walked into a church office. The secretary said "I think this copier is possessed". I told her "that sounds like more of a job for the pastor instead of me then"

Both had a good laugh over it.
    Sounds like clean joke :cool.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    My reply to customers who ask if I have fixed it properly - I say "No - Its job creation, if I fix it correctly the first time I would quickly be out of a job"

Similarly I have said "no I want to come back again right away so we can visit more"

One party tells lies

and

The Wolf 1,000+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Not a customer but a good one none the less.

Worked for a company years ago and the owners daughter was our dispatcher. She was a nice enough girl but not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I had to move my office across the hall from her after the first month to "keep an eye on her" as the owner put it. So I move up front, an office literally under the stairs...im 6'3' btw.

On the second day the fax machine rings as it normally does 100 times a day. But this time, a customer called the fax line by mistake and you could her saying "hello, hello !?" through the speaker.
    Out of no where, this girl gets up, runs to the fax machine, leans over and starts screaming into the fax machine "MA'AM YOU HAVE TO CALL BACK AT THIS NUMBER!!!, HELLO, HELLO ???".

I never laughed so hard in my life and they decided to put her in charge of chasing meter reads shortly there after.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I have to confess there was a time I was stumped on why I couldn't get a machine to fully power on. Learned it was one of those with a sub power and then another switch that apparently turns the screen on.

Other than that there were a few machines out there that for whatever reason wouldn't seem to come out of sleep mode without a full reboot. I never figured out what the cause of that was but a full reboot always fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I've lost count of the number of customers who seem amazed that there is a power switch

Quote Originally Posted by kingpd@businessprints.net View Post
    I have to confess there was a time I was stumped on why I couldn't get a machine to fully power on. Learned it was one of those with a sub power and then another switch that apparently turns the screen on.

Other than that there were a few machines out there that for whatever reason wouldn't seem to come out of sleep mode without a full reboot. I never figured out what the cause of that was but a full reboot always fixed it.
    Frequently a firmware problem. I have also seen problems when User time out, function time out and sleep time out were all set to the same length of time. Apparently sleep mode could not decide which one it needed to recover from first.