Page 81 of 84 FirstFirst ... 317172737475767778798081828384 LastLast
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Re: What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

So my enduser says: "We've had some squeaks lately. You come out and fix it, then it squeaks somewhere else."
    "Yes."
    "Why is that?"

"Well, there are a lot of small mechanical parts in a copier, and sometimes one of them rubs up against another, and it squeaks."
    "How can we prevent that?"
    "Prevent what?"

"Prevent squeaks."
    "I don't think that you can. You wait until it squeaks, and then you address that squeak."
    "We don't want it to squeak."

"I don't either. But there is no way to anticipate where the next squeak will be. You have to wait until it squeaks to find it." =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

i had a similar discussion with my manager. "you had a repeat" "yeah was a squeak how do you expect me to anticipate a squeak occurring? do you want me to lubricate every single moving part on every visit?"

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

a) paper jammed, tell your boss i want new machine...... -> while her office is on 2nd floor using staircase without a lift.
    b) can i have a more faster copier ppm but with the same price as the old ones.
    c) I didnt print so many copies why is the printing counter so high, can you lower the prices.
    d) Machine no power. then we go checked ----> they turn off the main socket switches.
    e) my printer is not working or printing...i checked..it's not connected to the network.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Weirdly I got an email notice about this thread this afternoon. And I was going to stop in and post about a really dumb customer , ah ex-customer, I ran into at the store the other day. I retired and quit working on office machines over five year ago. And since retiring I have let my beard grow almost to the length seen in the group ZZ Top. Yes and the dimwitted ex customer walked up and confronted me about how "unprofessional I was and how she was going to call my boss and have me fired" That was so funny I laughed in her face and took my cell phone out and "called my boss and told him I quit because of her nasty attitude" Actually didn't call the office just acted like I did so I could embarrass the dimwitted moron. Might be fun to see what the results are of her calling my old boss.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    Weirdly I got an email notice about this thread this afternoon. And I was going to stop in and post about a really dumb customer , ah ex-customer, I ran into at the store the other day. I retired and quit working on office machines over five year ago. And since retiring I have let my beard grow almost to the length seen in the group ZZ Top. Yes and the dimwitted ex customer walked up and confronted me about how "unprofessional I was and how she was going to call my boss and have me fired" That was so funny I laughed in her face and took my cell phone out and "called my boss and told him I quit because of her nasty attitude" Actually didn't call the office just acted like I did so I could embarrass the dimwitted moron. Might be fun to see what the results are of her calling my old boss.
    Here's a picture of another very successful family where the men have long beards, the Robertson family of Duck Dynasty. They have own and operate a very successful business making duck call devices and other hunting accessories.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Here's a picture of another very successful family where the men have long beards, the Robertson family of Duck Dynasty. They have own and operate a very successful business making duck call devices and other hunting accessories.
    Yeap seen them too my beard kind of resembles the one on the left

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post

These guys are from my home town..Monroe, La. Well, actually West Monroe, La. (I'm from Bastrop, La. - small town outside of Monroe.)
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    These guys are from my home town..Monroe, La. Well, actually West Monroe, La. (I'm from Bastrop, La. - small town outside of Monroe.)
    Yep was one of my favourites show on History channel.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Yep was one of my favourites show on History channel.

When I watch that show, I know almost every road they drive down. I know most of the businesses. I know all the rivers and lakes. But strangely enough, I had never heard of the Robertson family nor their business when I lived there. But I moved away about 20 years ago. Most of my family still lives there.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Stop me if you already heard this. I was working on a 3M copier years ago at a church. I had to refer to the service manual for some adjustments. This was back when service manuals were actual books. The pastor of the church, a real smartass, smirked "I thought you knew how to fix these. Why do you need a book?" I looked right at him and said "Why do YOU need a book?" He became indignant and stormed out of the office. It was one of my best days.