Page 75 of 84 FirstFirst ... 256566676869707172737475767778798081828384 LastLast
    Technician

Re: What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Me: "I'll have to get some parts for the machine. I will be back tomorrow"
    Customer: "yeah but is it fixed?"
    Me: "No, that is what the parts are for"

Its the simple ones that really get to me

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Quote Originally Posted by Firthy View Post
    Me: "I'll have to get some parts for the machine. I will be back tomorrow"
    Customer: "yeah but is it fixed?"
    Me: "No, that is what the parts are for"

Its the simple ones that really get to me
    Had that one today. I think to myself: "You weren't listening, were you?" =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Once had a call for a customer for a reduction/zoom issue. Upon arrival they said the machine was not enlarging as expected, letter was not enlarging to 11x17 properly. After much discussion this particular customer was expecting the copier to feed a letter size original thru the doc feeder and have the machine produce an 11x17 paper output. This would have not been that unusual if they had 11x17 loaded in one of the trays which wasn’t the case. They had letter in one tray and legal in the other and expecting some sort of magic would “iron” out the paper to 11x17 size. This was way back in the old days with a Minolta 410Z but I will never forget it and they were dead serious.

-93AWAH-HNA

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

It's apparently, a "IdtenT" error for all the above posts.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lvangsnes View Post
    I do have a funnier story though. I worked for a time for Denver Police HQ. I had a call in one of the detective areas, for the most part, the detectives were pretty cool. I had the developer unit out of a Minolta EP 4050 and was chatting with the guys. The door opened, the room went silent, and another detective walked in. He looked at me sitting on the floor with the d/u strewn about on the diaper in about 20 pieces. He asked "is the copier broken?" I just looked at him for a couple of seconds and asked him "are you a detective?" The room just fell apart after that.
    I know this is real old but reading it reminded me of when we had a police station account. Also had a machine downstairs in the detective area. Back then katun would supply little zip lock baggies of drum powder with their cleaning blades. I used to leave them on the floor,or on top of a full garbage can. I was never there when anybody found them,but I would laugh thinking about what happens when they did find them,looked like little bags of coke.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I recently had a call to a care home. Not printing in colour any more! I arrived, spoke to the customer who showed me to the printer. I cant get it to print in colour?? Why? Err its a mono machine!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Had one recently where the customer was complaining of a "blue" background when printing colour, printed test charts from my memory stick, everything was fine, asked a few questions, discovered it was only when printing on their headed notepaper, with a "blue" heading, asked for their headed paper...it had a "blue" background from where their printing company had printed it badly......
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

I know this has been mentioned before and I might have even been one to mention it. I just had a call on a C360 needing a K drum at bank. Replaced the drum and was IN THE MIDDLE of running gradation and the customer comes up, almost moving me out of the way, saying "I just need to make a quick scan!". Ummm, no you can't lady, I'm in the middle of an adjustment mode (didn't say it like that because I'm always polite, even to idiots). "Oh, I can't because you're in a mode?". Yep, I'll be done in a few minutes.

Seriously???!!!! WTF makes somebody think it's OK to interrupt someone else that's in the middle of trying to get them back to working ASAP? I like to use the analogy that you wouldn't ask your car mechanic if you could make a quick trip to the store while your car is up on a lift, would you? I just don't get it!!
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    I know this has been mentioned before and I might have even been one to mention it. I just had a call on a C360 needing a K drum at bank. Replaced the drum and was IN THE MIDDLE of running gradation and the customer comes up, almost moving me out of the way, saying "I just need to make a quick scan!". Ummm, no you can't lady, I'm in the middle of an adjustment mode (didn't say it like that because I'm always polite, even to idiots). "Oh, I can't because you're in a mode?". Yep, I'll be done in a few minutes.

Seriously???!!!! WTF makes somebody think it's OK to interrupt someone else that's in the middle of trying to get them back to working ASAP? I like to use the analogy that you wouldn't ask your car mechanic if you could make a quick trip to the store while your car is up on a lift, would you? I just don't get it!!
    They would ask if they can make a quick copy even if you're in the middle of replacing main drive assy
    I guess stupid and ignorant people are just stupid and ignorant.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    They would ask if they can make a quick copy even if you're in the middle of replacing main drive assy
    I guess stupid and ignorant people are just stupid and ignorant.
    One of my favorites is when repairing a fx they always ask why the fax isn't working or receiving faxes? Of course it is unplugged and the covers are all off so I could get to the scanners to clean the whiteout off of the led array. Which also leads to the dumb question follow up. "If white out is white then why does the fax send a black line down the page?"