Page 79 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2969707172737475767778798081828384 LastLast
    Technician

Re: What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

About 20 years ago had a call for the City Of Atlanta Chief Of Police office on a Brother fax machine. They said it was an emergency and requested I get there asap. I put them first on my list. The machine was outside the Chief Of Police office. The display said "offline" I pressed the online button and all of their faxes started printing.

Had another call at a Atlanta Police precinct on a Ricoh fax machine that was in terrible shape. We did not want to work on it so we quoted a outrageous price. To my surprise they approved the quote. I asked the user why they would spend that money for the repair and he replied, "we have a lot of fax numbers in that machine and don't want to have to reenter them".

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by driving lots of miles View Post
    Customer moved copier from one office to another got everything hooked up (almost) but the fax would error out when trying to send a fax. I walk in see no phone line connected and realize that is the problem. Customer says I thought this cable was all I needed. Nope that was just the network cable.

Ever had one plug the phone line into a network jack on the wall? Or better yet, plug the phone line from the line jack to the tel jack on the mfp?
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Here's to one of my personal favorites this year. The customer was asking questions about purchasing a new mfp.

"Does the new mfp have wireless?"
    No, not standard, it is an option.
    "Well, we need wireless"
    Why not just used a wired connection to the mfp? It can use the same connection as your current mfp.
    "Well, because in 2 months we are replacing all of the desktop computers in the office with laptops which will have wireless capability"

(Banging head with hammer)
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

At one point our sales team were adding wifi kits to all copiers thinking it was upgraded memory lol

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Thumbs down Re: What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

today i had a customer print 175 brochures then remove from finisher and place in manual feed tray. i asked what he was doing "z folding them"

he has been printing then photocopying a blank page 175 times with paper source:manual feed and set z fold

it wasn't just that he didn't know z fold option on driver existed he never even considered doing it at PC or asking if it was possible.

Sr. Service Tech 100+ Posts Murv's Avatar

Customer: We just had someone go back into our office and he wants to use the copier, but it won't turn on. He checked the circuit breaker for the outlet, and the cord is plugged in, but when he presses the button on the control panel it won't come on.
    Me: Is the power switch behind the front panel in the on position?
    Customer: There's a power switch?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Murv View Post
    Customer: We just had someone go back into our office and he wants to use the copier, but it won't turn on. He checked the circuit breaker for the outlet, and the cord is plugged in, but when he presses the button on the control panel it won't come on.
    Me: Is the power switch behind the front panel in the on position?
    Customer: There's a power switch?
    I've lost count of the number of customers who seem amazed that there is a power switch
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

If y'all don't mind, I'd like to enter my most recent dumbass customer candidate. This happened yesterday.

I get a call from this young lady at a car lot who informs me that she can no longer scan to her PC. So, I arrive at the car lot and she walks over to the copier to show me that she can no longer scan. I sit down at her PC and there's no scan folder. I also notice that there's a generic print driver installed.

I asked if anyone had been jacking around on this PC and they said no. Then someone spoke up and said that this was a new (used)computer that was installed a few weeks ago.

I simply don't have the patience that I once had. It's getting harder and harder to bite my tongue.

Peace out.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    If y'all don't mind, I'd like to enter my most recent dumbass customer candidate. This happened yesterday.

I get a call from this young lady at a car lot who informs me that she can no longer scan to her PC. So, I arrive at the car lot and she walks over to the copier to show me that she can no longer scan. I sit down at her PC and there's no scan folder. I also notice that there's a generic print driver installed.

I asked if anyone had been jacking around on this PC and they said no. Then someone spoke up and said that this was a new (used)computer that was installed a few weeks ago.

I simply don't have the patience that I once had. It's getting harder and harder to bite my tongue.

Peace out.

probaly why Konica Minolta has started putting the power button on the side instead

My reply to customers who ask if I have fixed it properly - I say "No - Its job creation, if I fix it correctly the first time I would quickly be out of a job"