Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    If I had a pound/dollar for every time I heard this on an install, "so does it make the coffee?" In my head I think to myself A@$$#*ŁES! One day I will say it out loud !

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Shortly after Hurricane Katrina wiped out the area...

Drum unit and developer in pieces all over the floor and the customer asks "are you fixing our copier?"

??! STUPID !??

"No m'am, I'm installing a nuclear reactor so you'll be able to make copies during the next hurricane and you won't need lights anymore, since you'll all glow in the dark."

Talk about 'prairie dogging' - heads popped up from every cubicle in the office and I still get treated like royalty every time I go there...
    73 DE W5SSJ

rg109

right train wrong track

One day, I got a call from the "regional manager". He told me to get to this customer's machine "now", that this customer was "very important and very upset". Then I get a call from the corporate Vice President's office, telling me the same thing. So I rushed over to this pretty big business office, anounced myself as the copier repairman, then they showed me the machine and it wasn't one of ours. It was not our product. It belonged to one of the other companies. I thought this was so funny, because this boss who I never heard of was yelling at me and this customer was yelling at me for taking so long to get there were both WRONG!

Adeptus Mechanicus Magos 500+ Posts

The copier call out law

Quote Originally Posted by techspec View Post
    If I had a pound/dollar for every time I heard this on an install, "so does it make the coffee?" In my head I think to myself A@$$#*ŁES! One day I will say it out loud !
    I say yes, you have to connect it to the timer mech!!!

One that I have come across in another post was a person trying to feed a t-shirt through a copier because they heard it was possible - they left out the fact they need iron on transfers to do it, and we are forever coming across idiots who put OHP film through then find they have to fork out for a new fuser unit.

Lets face it - education is proportional to the stupidity of the call out!!!
    The impossible is easy - miracles take a little longer
    So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.

Quote Originally Posted by mjarbar View Post
    Lets face it - education is proportional to the stupidity of the call out!!!
    I've been saying intelligence is inversely proportional to education for years. Look at the junk they're teaching in college these days...
    73 DE W5SSJ

Then I get a call from the corporate Vice President's office, telling me the same thing...I thought this was so funny, because this boss who I never heard of was yelling at me
    This proves my other theory about most bosses:

"Technology is dominated by those who manage what they don't understand."

Accountants and business managers do accounting and manage businesses well, but should not be allowed to make decisions about service department or machine related problems, because they dont have a clue.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    This proves my other theory about most bosses:

"Technology is dominated by those who manage what they don't understand."

This explains why we are saddled with an awful lot of IT crap that is neither nessesary or useful. The Inbred Tossers in IT spout a lot of gobbeldegook that no-one understands, managment don't want to show their ignorance and just say yes to anything that IT proposes and us poor bloody techs are stuck with trying to make it work. One day someone will point out that the Emperor has no clothes!

There I feel better for that now!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

This explains why we are saddled with an awful lot of IT crap that is neither nessesary or useful. The Inbred Tossers in IT spout a lot of gobbeldegook that no-one understands, managment don't want to show their ignorance and just say yes to anything that IT proposes and us poor bloody techs are stuck with trying to make it work. One day someone will point out that the Emperor has no clothes!
    I have used some of my own gobblygook on clients at times and its worked pretty good. We just need to counter IT with our own gobblygook. LOL.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar

Lost in Translation.....

Call customer for details about copier running....

"Well those little bowling pin looking things are lit up and the wheelie deals just keep turning."

Lanier 6713 with an empty toner bottle.

"Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Technician
    These are funny, I once had a customer put fine black gravel in the toner hopper. The service call was for "spots all over the copy"

Yes, the gravel took out the toner hopper, mag roller, drum unit, transfer roller and fuser unit, lol

They said "did we do something to cause this"