Page 71 of 84 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
    Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Re: What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Just had a customer in the last couple days say their machine was jamming and they couldn't find any paper. They said they even removed all the toner, looking for the jam. Here's your sign!
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Quote Originally Posted by BaconSteve View Post
    The following four words uttered from a complete retard of a customer make me want to grab them, and toss them out a f*****g window... “oh you’re back again?”... ESPECIALLY when I have either NEVER been there before, or haven’t been there in over a year!!! WTF. OR, if I I’m there on a part return OR... what if I’m just not f******g perfect and had a recall and had to come back! Like you b*tches never make mistakes. UGH! F.U a-hole! That is the moment I seriously question my life choices. I feel better now... hope I posted this in the correct forum, lol!
    see doncha feel better now?

I like the one.. "maybe we need to give you a desk"

I have one... I am the "tech-on-site" have been for a year.
    This was @ the EPA facility in RTP back in 2002.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post

I like the one.. "maybe we need to give you a desk"

I have one... I am the "tech-on-site" have been for a year.
    This was @ the EPA facility in RTP back in 2002.
    Customers are soooo sorry silly sometimes that I'm scared!

I'm proud being copier tech but for other things I'm a customer.
    I always do my best to not look like my customers in front of me
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts BaconSteve's Avatar

Yes Phil, ahhhhh. Much better now...

Yes Phil, ahhhhh. Much better now...
    Good Brother
    . Sometimes I go into the woods and let a big ole Sweetgum hold a piece of my mind..
    Always feels better unless the "Tree Rats" start chucking acorns.
    But then I always have my 22lr rifle .. and dinner too!What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good Brother
    . Sometimes I go into the woods and let a big ole Sweetgum hold a piece of my mind..
    But then I always have my 22lr rifle .. and dinner too!What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Good Brother

Lol! I think that even a city boy like me can get the jist of all that. It paints an interesting picture in what’s left of my mind. Sounds relaxing. You should consider creative writing ;-)

And... when anyone ever uses the ‘get you a desk’ comment, I always say “yes, that would be great, preferably a corner office”. Or the “we should put you on the payroll”, to which I also answer “yes absolutely, I could use a second income, where do I sign up?” If you can manage to respond in a fun way, and nix the sarcasm as much as possible, it can actually make for a laugh, which as we all know, can go a long way.

And... when anyone ever uses the ‘get you a desk’ comment, I always say “yes, that would be great, preferably a corner office”. Or the “we should put you on the payroll”, to which I also answer “yes absolutely, I could use a second income, where do I sign up?” If you can manage to respond in a fun way, and nix the sarcasm as much as possible, it can actually make for a laugh, which as we all know, can go a long way.
    Laughter is the BEST medicine.. true then.. even truer today with all the PC bullshit.
    Some People say I am too blunt. Shit at least you know where you stand with me.. and once the bond has been made.. takes alot for me to break the bond.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

5 years ago our company bought out the copier division of a competitor that really didn't know how to run a copier business. Some of the contracts had no minimums and people were doing 20 copies a month for 5 cents each, this was actually toner included even. Our company promptly sent out notices on these that we would no longer honor these and in complying with the previous contract, here is your 30 day notice, unless you want to update to our contract with a base and overage.

This prompted outrage from a customer who was probably in his later 80's. He was secretary to the local vets club and ran about 100 pages/month for their meeting agendas and reports. He wanted a cleaning and service before his 30 days were up. So I went over to the basement of his house to service the copier. I heard the word "greedy" from him at least a hundred times and he threw the letter in my face saying us charging $125/hr labor or $600/year contract going forward was downright thievery. He said currently he is paying $60/year on average.

I got tired of all of the bs and pulled up the price of a drum on his machine. It was $300 online, (we charged about the same). So I said if we replace a drum, at $60/year, how long would it take us to break even. He correctly answered 5 years. Then I mentioned, an average drum even not being used will lose some imaging ability after 2-3 years so we might have to replace it sooner than 5 years, then we wouldn't break even for a longer period yet.

His reply was well that is good for him then, but I shouldn't have to pay any more than the copies I make. No reasoning with him. He told me we were going to go out of business at that rate. I told him going out of business is better than going bankrupt, have a nice day sir.

At one point during the service call I nearly reached for my ball-peen.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex