Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Latest website update very welcomed IMHO

I always wanted to say something about the controversial topics displayed on the home page. I always thought it to be a distraction from what we are. IMHO, bad optics.

But I was always concerned that if I said something, I would probably be viciously attacked. Most likely accusing me of trying suppress others free speech.

I have always thought these off topics should be here amongst ourselves, not for the world to see.

Many thanks for making the change no matter the underlying reason.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Re: Latest website update very welcomed IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I always wanted to say something about the controversial topics displayed on the home page. I always thought it to be a distraction from what we are. IMHO, bad optics.

But I was always concerned that if I said something, I would probably be viciously attacked. Most likely accusing me of trying suppress others free speech.

I have always thought these off topics should be here amongst ourselves, not for the world to see.

You definitely would have been attacked.
    I never used the home page so I didn't realise it was an issue but I agree that the non copier related threads should not be on there.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

That's what I thought.

Thank you.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post

I have no idea if you would have been attacked or not. As I've said, I'm happy that the political threads are no longer on the home page. Most aren't here for that. Politics & religion are 2 subjects that are very controversial and enemies will be made. That's simply the nature of it.

I'm a big New Orleans Saints fan and they had a political forum on their website. Things got out of hand and what they did was create a private section that required a separate password to even read the threads. That may not be a bad idea here.
    Growth is found only in adversity.