Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    We also service a lot of mines. Security is tight. I also just take a screwdriver. Not allowed to take in a vacuum. At the diamond mines you get x-rayed and searched when you get out. 1 mine you need to attend a mine safety class that runs from 7am to 4 pm, get your blood tested once a year for metal poisoning get police clearance that you don't have a criminal background, specially if you got caught stealing before, then your not going in. And at one place your not allowed to put your hands in your pocket or bend over, because you might just be picking up a small diamond.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts I3FusionGuy's Avatar

Armoured Car shop...

..was my client in the midwest. The armoured card would drive in and out, dropping all the money bags off for counting and transfer. The money room has three printers, and I could not take in a tool bag, phone, knife, or have anything in pockets, including my wallet. I took in my ID in my pocket. I was allowed to take in hand tools a few at a time and parts in a small, clear, open box they provided. Past the vault door, into the little airlock, close behind me, open the door in front, etc.

I had just finished installing a maintenance kit when one of the money counters dropped a bag of dimes. I hears a sneeze and then KOOOOOSH. The money room goes into lockdown, and four hours later every dime was accounted for finally. The company actually volunteered to pay for my hourly time in the money room, since I was only allowed to sit at one chair at a desk. No computer, no books, took a nice nap.

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar
    my old service manager saw on display a gold plated microphone used by prince or squiggle (whatever you call him now)

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    The first one i can think of is an Embassy although I have been to many Embassies most once your past the security and in the offices they are fairly office like. Many are very friendly and almost family like. The strangest one had to be when at one nations embassy i was led to a room though several doors in the centre of the building then though a Door which must of been all most nuclear bomb proof and looked like the ones in the films with the big wheel on it. Then though another door in to a room with what can only be descirbed as metal porta cabins which inside were self contained offices for one.

What happened in these offices I have no idea but does make me wonder what they were planning or expecting

Another time I found myself in a room in a Police station for a morning while a Murder investigation was played out. It hit the news for a a few months and later i found it very stange when i saw the reconstruction on a TV program. As I heard all about the crime and to see it reenacted was not nice.

I can remeber a guy whose desk near me as i worked in a TV production company tell the various contestants and whoever what would happen in the Live show at the weekend strangly it was suppose to be one of those Live telephone votes on the night

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    You haven't seen security until you go to fix a copier at the county courthouse three days after 9/11. You don't realize exactly how suspicious copier parts look until there are five armed guards staring at the x-ray screen. Is that a fuser roll or a pipe bomb?

As for the famous people thing, I never had anything myself, but we used to have a guy that worked out in the Hamptons that would constantly be telling us how he fixed Steven Spielberg's copier, or ran into Alec Baldwin in a deli, or some other wildly improbable story that nobody believed.

no mercy... 50+ Posts claudioterrible's Avatar

strange thing ....

i found once,lady under wear between the wall and the rear side of the machine that was installed inside the ambassador office (his secretary was so so so niiiceeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    What is the most unique thing you have seen at a customers

To get Access to the production Area of a big Food Manufacturer you have to perform several tests in front of it. First, you have to present a certificate of health (not older than 12 months), then you will be "erkennungsdienstlich behandelt" (sorry, i have no idea, how to spell it in english)...let me describe: they take a Photo of you, they ask the police, if there was something...the only thing, they do not do, ist taking fingerprints. After all is done, you get an ID card, which gives you the authorisation to enter the production area under attendance of a security employer. Further, you have to take on a complete nylon overall, nylon shoes, a hair cap and, if in need, a moustache cap, then you can enter the area after going through a tub with desinfection solution in it. Needless to say: you can only get a few tools with you, not the whole case.
    The first Time i get in there, i could hardly suppress a giggle, as i felt like one of the *green wing hospital* Stuff. (you people from england should know, what i mean)

Another interesting i experienced, was to get access to a Credit Card and telephone Card manufactorer, between the normal and the "hot" area was a glass cylinder, which slides open, you have to go in, then it closed, and you want to say "Scotty, give energy"...in fact, they take a photo from your silhouette and, at the same time, they get your weight and compares this with your weight, when you leave. Pretty impressing
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What is the most unique thing you have seen at a customers

Quote Originally Posted by herrmann View Post

they get your weight and compares this with your weight, when you leave.
    Don't go to the toilet while your inside, you might have a lot of explaining to do!!!!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Don't go to the toilet while your inside, you might have a lot of explaining to do!!!!
    Maybe they weigh you before and after you go to the Loo too?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy View Post
    Maybe they weigh you before and after you go to the Loo too?
    I did that once at home! You feel much lighter, but its not that much