Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Stupid Ricoh MPC2500 - 4500 PCU's

We've seen this prob as well with the colour/black pcu's... takes a bit more time but all we've been doing is swaping the guts of the black PCU to the frame of the colour PCU... works well, and we don't have to worry about breaking the connector at the back of the frame.

Does anybody know the part number for the connector at the back of the frame?

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Stupid Ricoh MPC2500 - 4500 PCU's

Quote Originally Posted by tittalwax View Post
    We've seen this prob as well with the colour/black pcu's... takes a bit more time but all we've been doing is swaping the guts of the black PCU to the frame of the colour PCU... works well, and we don't have to worry about breaking the connector at the back of the frame.

Does anybody know the part number for the connector at the back of the frame?

Can't get it as a separate part, Ricoh sells the whole drive unit with the connectors.....
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Stupid Ricoh MPC2500 - 4500 PCU's

Wait until you have to do a full PCU change on the new Ricoh '03 range, you can't swap the K with the colours and the are completely different from the earlier and cheaper models. I'm waiting for the scream to come from the top floor of why our expenditure on drums has quadrupled.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    The metal pin actually makes it easier to snip the corner with a good sharp pair of wire cutters - cracks right at the pin and you can pop it out then trim it up a bit. It doesn't look as pretty as when done with a file, but not like anybody's gonna see it.
    Glad I'm not the only person that does it this way. When I was first getting trained on the color line, there were guys telling me they used a little hand dremel to file off the corner - zzzzip - and pop the PCU in. My way's pretty quick too.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I was replacing 3 PCU's on a MPC 4500 today and to my surprise when i opened the blk PCU boxes to repl the color units, they apoxied the connector to the plastic frame of the pcu, instead of a small screw, so you cannot remove wiring and re-string the old connetor in for the color unit. Not sure if this is a new standard but out of the 13 pcus i have in the shop 8 of them were apoxied. Thanks alot ricoh. If you want people to buy your over priced color units at least make the charge roller availible in the Parts manual.
    If the old PCU that you are replacing has the connector with the screw, you can still use the old PCU's wiring on new black PCUs. Just remove the connector from the new PCU, bore a hole in the rubbery stuff where the pin on the right hand side of the connector was (make sure the hole is small enough that the screw threads will bite), and then just install the wiring from the old PCU as usual. The connector will wobble around a bit more than usual, but it will still connect up correctly. At least it has the times I've tried this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Can't get it as a separate part, Ricoh sells the whole drive unit with the connectors.....
    Yup!

Happened to me once, didnt file the connector done enough, boshed it in, broken connector! total ball ache.

Thankfully it was in the workshop and we have machines we can take parts from!