View Poll Results: Do you get a company vehicle?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES-and it's a nice vehicle

94 29.56%
  • YES-It's an ok vehicle

89 27.99%
  • YES-And it's a piece of s*&%

24 7.55%
  • NO

111 34.91%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Do you have a company car?

Quote Originally Posted by rednecktech View Post
    I get stared at ALL day long......Attachment 4135
    You poor sod! Thats an ugly looking truck before they scribbled all over it.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts rednecktech's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    You poor sod! Thats an ugly looking truck before they scribbled all over it.

Tell me about it. One of my coworkers was at a stop light one day in his , saw a guy looking at him so hard going through the intersection that he didn't notice cars stopped in front of him and rear ended them. I'm literally driving a billboard around. I dont mind, my personal truck gets to stay in the garage and really only get's cranked on the weekends.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    For all of you driving a company piece of shit, I need to take a picture of my competitors on base. They took a large UPS style truck, painted it white and covered it in company ads. I refer to it as the copier assault truck. It may be why the techs for that company do not talk to me. Every time they pass me they see me laughing and pointing. It is a monster. They carry supplies for everything they have out here. Makes me love my Tacoma even more.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Had a lovely Honda crv until yesterday,when white van man decided to re-arange the rear end-w$"nk3R5

Selous
    I have a Toyota Townace. Piece of crap but my boss like them because they are cheap.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    If it were not for car allowance, I'd not be able to own the car I drive and I would have to put up with a POS for the third of the price...

I like my fully loaded 2008 Seabring Touring with all leather. Beats the POS 92 Olds Sierra that I drove around in since I bought it by too many levels, except power under the hood. But the mileage and comfort tradeoff is acceptable.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Technician
    We drive Dodges- I use a 2008 dodge caliber - I do keep it at the office, so I have to drive there and get it - but if there is a call near home I can take it for the night... They also let me use it if I need another car. We also get a credit card to take care of gas and maintenance... all and all not a bad deal I'd say.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    About the only thing I have to complain about is the parking expenses. Calgary removed all the parking meters and installed this thing called "park plus". one machine per block section accepts money, you put in the area number where you parked and your plate number and pay for the time you want. It accepts coin, CC and prepaid phone account. I refuse to use CC on these things and sometimes the homeless bums jam up the coin slot. I've been after our company to set up phone accounts with the city, but as yet they haven't budged on this, so I have to use my own and expense it. I am told Park Plus is pretty unique...though I cannot say for certain about that.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts AyJayAreDii's Avatar
    I Have a travel card. Which covers the cost of travel in my area including the journey home. Also having a monthly card also let me travel into London for free on weekends. I'm still not on company insurance so I can't even offer just to take out a car for the day. I live A couple of mile from the office so I take the 10 Min drive into the office with my own car if I have too.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Yes have a company car....

My company offered to upgrade my small nippy little service vehicle to a bigger size more posh vehicle the other day, an I turned them down. I have top bosses by the way, but you should have seen the look on their dial. They couldn't understand that I didn't want a bigger slower parking vehicle to lumber around in the city. I just wanted my current quick-to-fit-anyway nippy little 4 door wagon.

Hey! I said, I already own a $47K Honda Accord as my private vehicle I don't want the extra burden of a plush company vehicle to worry about. It would be harder to park, more personal expenses, different to drive. A newer bigger vehicle means more work on the weekends scrubbing and cleaning, aaah no thanks I said.... Fine they said "we will give it to the new salesmen", "great" I said "done deal"...

I have my current vehicle 24/7 all hours day and night. I just have to put my own fuel in it if I take in on a private trip. It comes with a fuel card and all vehicle expenses paid during work hours, so it's not to bad. The fact that I have the vehicle 24/7 is mutually beneficial to my employers as the vehicle gets locked up at night in a safer neighborhood.

GDM
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••