View Poll Results: Do you get a company vehicle?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES-and it's a nice vehicle

94 29.56%
  • YES-It's an ok vehicle

89 27.99%
  • YES-And it's a piece of s*&%

24 7.55%
  • NO

111 34.91%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: Do you have a company car?

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    I suppose I could google it, but I would rather ask you. what are you guys down under paying for diesel? we pay $3.75 - $4.00 a gallon in our indiana area.
    Us Aussies are ripped off very badly with the oil price wrought.
    We have Oil-Wells right in our backyards an are paying high import prices for crude oil, B/S.
    We pay any where from 1.65 to 1.75 dollars for one litre of petrol/desiel at the pump.
    Thats works out about 6.25 dollars (US gal), or 7.49 dollars (AUD gal).

Bring on the Japanese hydrogen cars or Tesla electrical vehicles a.s.a.p...can't wait.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Quote Originally Posted by MoCal Parts View Post
    We get a company truck either a Ford Ranger or Chevy Colorado.
    I wouldn't complain with a Ford Ranger. It'd make the trip to the paintball field easier for sure.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Here is the ultimate car to be driving to repair copiers.
    Attachment 25974

Mercedes-AMG E63 Station Wagon. 5.57L Bi-Turbo: 577HP 0-60 3.6s.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Do you have a company car?

Quote Originally Posted by engineerboy93 View Post
    Here is the ultimate car to be driving to repair copiers.
    Attachment 25974

Mercedes-AMG E63 Station Wagon. 5.57L Bi-Turbo: 577HP 0-60 3.6s.
    Looks suspiciously like a Dodge Magnum.

Dodge Magnum.jpg

Made by Chrysler. The company Mercedes merged with and the pillaged

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Looks suspiciously like a Dodge Magnum.

Dodge Magnum.jpg

Made by Chrysler. The company Mercedes merged with and the pillaged
    Actually the partnership had dissolved. It has resorted back to Daimler-Benz. I do know for a vary fact that Mercedes-AMG has had little, almost no, affiliation with Chrysler as they wanted to maintain their image. However, Mercedes-Benz on the other hand was fully affiliated with Chrysler throughout the 90's and early 00's. Eventually Mercedes-Benz saw the destruction that was occurring by allowing Americans to manage their budget. One thing a German, such as myself, cannot accept is compromise. Granted, Mercedes today is nothing like the ones in the past, but I would feel better in a Mercedes than just about any American vehicle. Except I do feel fine in my 95 Dodge Van!

The base design between the mercedes and the magnum look similar, but most vehicles look similar. It is part of aerodyanmics. If one was to study the design of cars over the past 40 years they will see that vehicles all have almost the same body outline. However, back in the late 1970's early 1980's the W126 was a vehicle that did not have similar body lines. This result was a vehicle that had the lowest drag coefficient. Eventually vehicle manufactures started to copy the W126, but this wouldn't occur until after the W126 production ended. When computers and CFD became more accurate and affordable, manufactures were then able to come up with better designs, but they almost all looked the same. Keep in mind that CFD software can cost over $50,000 per license, and that's educators license. In addition, mergers such as the Chrysler/Mercedes-Benz (1990's), did end up resulting in similar looking vehicles, but when companies break apart that does not mean they share designs. Many times designs just happen to look the same, but they all use the same software. I use Dassult Catia to do Engineering Drawings. I use paper and stencil to do electronic schematic drawings, and Simulation and other software suits. They all do! Amazingly, the aerodynamics come first and the engine comes last in every car.

I do agree, they do look similar. However, there is no comparison.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I think the biggest differences are in the quality of craftsmanship, especially in the engine and power train.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Actually the partnership had dissolved. It has resorted back to Daimler-Benz. I do know for a vary fact that Mercedes-AMG has had little, almost no, affiliation with Chrysler as they wanted to maintain their image. However, Mercedes-Benz on the other hand was fully affiliated with Chrysler throughout the 90's and early 00's. Eventually Mercedes-Benz saw the destruction that was occurring by allowing Americans to manage their budget. One thing a German, such as myself, cannot accept is compromise. Granted, Mercedes today is nothing like the ones in the past, but I would feel better in a Mercedes than just about any American vehicle. Except I do feel fine in my 95 Dodge Van!

The base design between the mercedes and the magnum look similar, but most vehicles look similar. It is part of aerodyanmics. If one was to study the design of cars over the past 40 years they will see that vehicles all have almost the same body outline. However, back in the late 1970's early 1980's the W126 was a vehicle that did not have similar body lines. This result was a vehicle that had the lowest drag coefficient. Eventually vehicle manufactures started to copy the W126, but this wouldn't occur until after the W126 production ended. When computers and CFD became more accurate and affordable, manufactures were then able to come up with better designs, but they almost all looked the same. Keep in mind that CFD software can cost over $50,000 per license, and that's educators license. In addition, mergers such as the Chrysler/Mercedes-Benz (1990's), did end up resulting in similar looking vehicles, but when companies break apart that does not mean they share designs. Many times designs just happen to look the same, but they all use the same software. I use Dassult Catia to do Engineering Drawings. I use paper and stencil to do electronic schematic drawings, and Simulation and other software suits. They all do! Amazingly, the aerodynamics come first and the engine comes last in every car.

Actually, Chrysler was operating in the black and had several billion in reserves when Mercedes stepped in. By the time they dropped Chrysler, it was broke. Nice job. Seems like Mercedes had the money managing issue. lol

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I think the biggest differences are in the quality of craftsmanship, especially in the engine and power train.
    Most certainly! Safety I think it a little better with the Mercedes. I say this because they have been known for their safety, and they do have allot of patents in safety innovations; particularly passive safety! There are some Mercedes transmissions though found in Chrysler's today. I know some Jeeps have the 5G-Tronics. I do even know some instances where Mercedes used GM transmissions!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Actually, Chrysler was operating in the black and had several billion in reserves when Mercedes stepped in. By the time they dropped Chrysler, it was broke. Nice job. Seems like Mercedes had the money managing issue. lol
    We will never really know who had money issues. I know that the quality of the product seriously declined in the 90's and once Wolfgang Peter stepped down. The German's actually are good when it comes to managing money. We just live in the United States and listen to biased news. I can tell you that once Mercedes got involved with Chrysler things hit the fan for some reason!!! Quality seriously declined. They were making more money, but only because Chrysler managed to make things much less expensive and continue to sell at the prices that Mercedes had set in the past. In time people found out that the quality was terrible and pulled out of buying Mercedes, and around the same time Chrysler vehicles (like most) were terrible! Cars today are allot more reliable! I never believe it at first, but it is true come to find out. Anyways, people pulled out. Today people are buying back Mercedes, because the United States has once again embarked on the use of credit (much like they did back during the depression, buying stocks on credit). Most people do not actually own a car, they make payments.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Anyways, the E63 wagon is nice to drive around to fix copiers. I never understood why these companies use these tiny cars. I would always think copier techs would drive around in vans like everyone else used to back in the 90's *scratches head*. Cost is a factor obviously!