Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    An unfired round of ammo in the document feeder.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ikon Princess's Avatar
    A live rat! I screamed he ran nobody in the office came in to find out why their tech was screaming. people kill me.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    While not a living thing (present or former), we once had a call on a tabletop Canon machine that there was something sticky on the platen and behind the machine.

I guess the first clue should have been that this was at a food service company.

Turns out some genius was working on Saturday when nobody else was there, and he tried to copy the label on a bottle of bleu cheese salad dressing.

He forgot to remove his "original", and needless to say, the cap popped open, no doubt from the heat.

He hastily cleaned up the obvious part, but most of the contents had oozed through the back cover and into the machine.

Yuk!

I was just glad that it wasn't my call!!
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ikon Princess's Avatar
    like I said LIVE RAT tops your salad dressing!

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    We'll call him "Crouton".
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Quote Originally Posted by gwaddle View Post
    Got a call once that the control panel didn't work. Got to the site and found that a set of antlers mounted over the copier had fallen and stabbed through the panel. Seems they could have mentioned the antlers before I drove 50 miles.
    yep. there is a certain section of the community that shouldnt be allowed to breed

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts android790's Avatar
    Sugar glazed doughnut in df, christmas fruit tray (found in june) in sorter, candy wrappers, a white tube sock, bugs of all sorts, broken jewelry, paper and coin cash, tools, lists of all sorts, and so much WTF that I'm just not sure. So far to date, I have not found a small child....yet.
    Yes, I am here to fix your machine. No, your machine went out of warranty 18 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by android790 View Post
    Sugar glazed doughnut in df, christmas fruit tray (found in june) in sorter, candy wrappers, a white tube sock, bugs of all sorts, broken jewelry, paper and coin cash, tools, lists of all sorts, and so much WTF that I'm just not sure. So far to date, I have not found a small child....yet.
    holy s*@t, thats one hell of a xmas party LOL

Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar
    Had a machine in a warehouse environment that was near a loading dock. Customer claimed doc feeder jammed. Opened it up and found hardened bird poop causing the issue. There were also remnants of a nest near the internal tray. Needless to say it wasn't covered under contract.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

A live rat! I screamed he ran nobody in the office came in to find out why their tech was screaming. people kill me.
    I've had more weird stuff showing up in printers than copiers. Mainly because printers are in offices and copiers tend to be in the middle of departments/floors.

How 'bout this list:
    Ink pens
    Mice (x2) dead in a HP 4SI
    Snake skin
    Various finger nails
    Hair with the skin tags
    Various bugs alive and dead
    and now for the most unusual...

A complete marijuana pipe kit complete with grass (taped under the lid of a fax machine that was brought in shop for repair)
    and a used condom (yes it was in an office, the end user was not in her cubicle when I was there. guess it got flung...?)
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".