Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ikon Princess's Avatar
    welcome to my world

ragajungle
    oh, no doubt. I have been using the edge since 06 with ikon, but oracle has always been a fickle beast. Adding thousands more people to the server only made it worse... The integration should have been better planned out (as far as territories go anyways) Some techs sitting pretty at 2-3 calls and others like me with 20-30 calls...

Quote Originally Posted by ragajungle View Post
    this passed week after the "integration" I was loaded nearly 700 MFD's in my "territory" I was sitting at nearly 25 calls at one point... Then like clock work the EDGE crashed. Then IVR crashed, then I went numb. My left arm started to hurt, "Mom, Is that you.......?" Ever client I called snapped "Well I put in a call 2 days ago" Then edge came back on line the "Wheel of Death" spun for 3 minutes before "bleep, blob, bleeped beep" just kept on going and going and going.... hand shaking,,,staring at edge in disbelieve......... I hope next week is better.

I didn't have a heart attack, but I do notice my beard is graying...
    That there is funny!!! Welcome to Ricon!

Technician
    OK, I was reading this trying to see where my company stood in comparison to others. I worked for IKON when it was first formed in the late 90's and left 1 year to the day. I did not want to be a part of them. Several poor decisions later I wound up at KMBS where I have been for about 10 years now. Started with Konica, merged with Minolta (stressful but manageable) but this latest buyout of Danka is crap!!! We have a device called the FX device ("the brick"). The hardware is unreliable. I've had 3 units and others have had upwards of 6. The unit constantly drops calls, and loses system settings about every 2-3 weeks. It does receive and send email but the screen is so small that any attachment can't be read. We also have the Runzhiemer which does nothing more than legally steal from the tech for the benefit of the company. Customers can't get a correct bill to save their lives even with Vcare! I am constantly having to fix meter reads in the system. What is even more confusing is the southern region has 2 home offices, St Pete, FL (Danka) and Ramsey, NJ (KM). Who is in charge? We don't either. Since we acquired Danka, their management was put in place for 2 years guaranteed. I thought KM bought Danka. That's what all the financial pubs say. But its being run the Danka way. Customers are not happy, billing is worse than ever, techs are dissatisfied and we keep getting told how great were doing but forget about getting a raise of any kind.

There, that's the way I see it and it doesn't look like the industry itself is much better.

I can't stand this EDGE device there's so many things wrong with it. For example on the bb (Blackberry) looking at my call board I can see which call came in sla or not etc..
    on the EDGE I have to keep freaking scrolling across by the time I get to end I forgot if I am looking at the right line then I have to check and go to look at call detail

seriously everything on the blackberry was going streamed-line compared to this edge device oh the best one is when you loose service you have to redo your steps
    the amount it takes to complete work on this device I can do it on the blackberry under 3 minutes or less on the edge at times it can take up 10minutes
    Ricoh did not buy Ikon it's the other way around

Funny someone should make a commercial spoof you can get with this or you can get with that EDGE VS Blackberry
    You just got Pwned by an STI
    Experience Subaru Power

jwcheek
    Well have same issues you do. Am 60 miles away from office. Have no email on edge device. I have to say was very skeptical of the edge capabilities when it first was interduces. After using it for two plus years I really like the device. I am able to look up service history's on any of my machines. Also can look up whats in my inventory, and also what is in the inventory's of team mates, people in area, and also the inventory levels of the the warehouse. The edge also gives us the ability to transfer parts, look up calls of other techintians, and do reconciles on the device. Very pricey, but all and all it is a very valuable tool if used right.

Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jwcheek View Post
    ....but all and all it is a very valuable tool if used right.
    Says you!
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jwcheek View Post
    ...but all and all it is a very valuable tool if used right.
    Tell me, is it crowded on your planet?
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Technician
    I have been using the edge since IKON first introduced it over 5 years ago. It has had it's ups and downs for sure. It loses signal alot, and the servers go down pretty regularly, but it does come in handy at times, like the Barcode reader. I am bummed that it is such a Micro-manager tool. They want to have the GPS enabled soon so your Service manager can see dots on a map, and know where all Techs are. They also want you to capture a customer signature on every call, and soon you will have to type in the Signers Full name in another box as well.

Most tech's right now just write MA, or x or something in the box on MA calls.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I'm so glad now that I turned down an offer from Ricon two years ago. I couldn't get a straight answer to questions about mileage rates and health insurance contributions. No ONE would give me numbers, just glittering generalities.

The more they micro-manage, the more will slip through their fingers. These devices sound like a living hell. How do you work around them when they are down?