Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
    mrandmrs

Re:Which copier was the biggest peice of crap ever?

We\'re showing our age now - - - how about any copier with the name \"KIP\" before the model # ?!!! What about an old Minolta EG 301 - - - what about an old Saxon C-500 - - - what about the old Sharp 720/726 - - - ETC,ETC,ETC......

Re:Which copier was the biggest peice of crap ever

Mita Ai3030, hands down...

The Mita 8090/ Royal Copystar 2280 series. I use it as a trial by fire for new techs. If you can fix it, you can fix anything...

everything mita analog starting with 40.
    4085, 4086, 4090...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Quote Originally Posted by denden4h View Post
    The Mita 8090/ Royal Copystar 2280 series. I use it as a trial by fire for new techs. If you can fix it, you can fix anything...

No Shit, they SUCKED BIG ASS. the F'd up part was the the DC-6090 was a pretty good machine and then they screwed things up bigtime when they updated the machine. We had a ton of them in churches and schools and the developer would die after about a month, the things would overtone a puke. remember he filter they installed so the machine wouldn't leave a giant toner mark on the wall behind the machine.

What was worse, the shitty developing issues or the fuser of doom?

PS. DQYDJ is right. anything starting with a 40 from mita was shit! (except for the new stuff).

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar

Which copier was the biggest peice of crap ever?

The biggestg POS was the Ricoh 6000 & 7000 series, the inverter would warp if you breathed on it the wrong way infact the whole fuser unit was crap.

I've got to agree with 1087 on the mita 8090\8095. they ran dirty and were a pain in the ass
    to PM not to mention the sk1 stacker and the 5150 sorter. I got really good at the timing
    for the press bar and replacing bins. (not by choice though)

Talking

I am the winner of this contest !!!!!
    The right answer is TOSHIBA 1550

gregrcs

Worst Copier

How about the Toshiba BD8812 or the BD5620. Both are clusterf.... with power cords.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Quote Originally Posted by copi_40 View Post
    I am the winner of this contest !!!!!
    The right answer is TOSHIBA 1550
    Well how about a second place award to the Mita Ai-3030. The digital copier that was broken before you installed it.

The machine came in three parts, the scanner, the print engine and the scanner rack. There was no simple plug-in the the scanner, you had to remove the top of the print engine and connect a bunch of wires from the scanner. to make matters worse, the cables we about two feet too short and the stupid scanner rack didn't have wheels so it was just about impossible to get the machine where you wanted it.

The machine sold itself (actually it unsold itself) when you brought it in on a demo and they saw a technician wrestling with it for 45 minutes just to get the power on.

Don't even get me going about the print system or changing the dozen or so eproms the machine had.

Did I mention that the top cover I referred to had about 18 screws holding it on.