Page 51 of 89 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I'm starting to think anything with Toshiba on it...grrr

Technician
    If anyone ever worked on the Canon CLC1100's will know the true meaning of pain!

Quote Originally Posted by Canonbloke View Post
    If anyone ever worked on the Canon CLC1100's will know the true meaning of pain!
    Is that the one where the paper would always get stuck to the drum and was slow as hell?

Technician
    Yes that's the one + chasing every error code the machine could muster!

Quote Originally Posted by Canonbloke View Post
    Yes that's the one + chasing every error code the machine could muster!
    Yeah, that one was a big turd! It was a long time ago but even then the quality was crappy.

dr. color
    the canon clc 200 color pos

Cool Crap copier

Seems when Toshiba put out a new series of copiers, half would be great, half pure junk.

Personnally, I found anything with a Minolta label (except maybe the 450Z- and that's going back some) or Xerox were well worth staying away from.

www.davidlerickson.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spaniel ears View Post
    I don't know if this model has been mentioned before because there are far too many pages in this thread to go through, but The Sharp SF740 is in my opinion a clear leader when it comes to crap copiers. What a legend. Must be about 25 years old now, if you haven't witnessed one of these babies in action you missed something special.

It looked like a coffin, and it had a set of bike chains with little clamps on inside that dragged the paper through (or not). No fuser unit, this bad boy had what can only be described as a toaster in the middle which heated up the paper as it passed through and fused the toner onto it. The toaster was insulated with what I suspect was some form of asbestos, this was so that if and when the paper jammed in the toaster, the resulting fire would not spread and burn the customer's office to the ground. It even came with a pair of giant 10 inch wooden tweezers with rubber pads on the end for the customer to pick out the charred paper from the toaster once the smoke had cleared.

You're not a real service engineer until you've done a service call on a copier that routinely catches fire and smokes out the customer's office as you're stood next to it looking like a complete tit.
    OMG...I worked on that model. We sold a couple of them, and took them back just for that reason!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark921 View Post
    OMG...I worked on that model. We sold a couple of them, and took them back just for that reason!
    Ok maybe a Xerox guy can chime in, they had a model it may have been the 920, that came with a "Smoke Removal Device" it was basically a fire extinguisher. I heard stories but it was before my time at xerox.

Technician
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

The 914 was the Xerox copier that came with a fire extinguisher. On the market in 1959. I had a territory of 110 of these.