Page 83 of 92 FirstFirst ... 337374757677787980818283848586878889909192 LastLast

Re: Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

HP Edgeline range, 2 week training course to look at a giant inkjet tumble dryer!!!, head problems, inkjet cartridge contamination, web wipes etc. OH and the gigantic firmware file and it would take about 3-4 hrs to force firmware onto machine only to find it was still not working. Complete basket case of a machine

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mbcruzin View Post
    Any Konica Minolta that ends with an E! These have been the biggest piles of crap I've seen since Ricoh thought it was a great idea to use gel ink instead of toner.
    I used to tell people that the "e" stood for "Ehhhhhh maybe you should buy something else".

Now I yearn for those machines now that we have the C368/C308's dropping like flies...

old school, Canon GP215. newer Toshiba 2500c.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts harleyrider's Avatar

Any SAVIN liquid from the late 70's 750,770etc. Then to make them even worse the great Landa retro kit.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harleyrider View Post
    Any SAVIN liquid from the late 70's 750,770etc. Then to make them even worse the great Landa retro kit.
    i use to rebuild the old 770s and 780s for an independant sales guy and they ran much better than the dry toner machines i serviced for minolta and sharp
    prior.
    the early kits with "bunny brushes and filters that if they overtoned you had a long day ahead of you

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by harleyrider View Post
    Ahhhhh those were the days

Angry Re: Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Dont know if its already been mentioned but the Toshiba 281c and equiv machines where horrible.
    They did a Great print but they loved to strip black developer drive gears

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wester View Post
    Ahhhhh those were the days
    Makes me want to b!tch slap Orson Welles for all those Nasuha Copier add's on TV.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 05-16-2016 at 11:42 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Which copier was the biggest peice of crap ever

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I think it was the DC-161 and DC-162re that if you got a paper jammed in the registration section, the only way to get it out was to scratch the shit out of the 40K yield drum. Yeah! That and cleaning charge coronas.

I remember billing a church customer for a new drum on a DC-131. The next day the enduser got a drum wrap. To get it out, she removed the primary and cleaning corona units, bend a nice loop of coathanger, and fished out all the little penny sized bits of paper. She (and I!!!) was so disappointed when she saw all the scratches she had made in her one-day-old drum. I had quite a time explaining that drum warranty does not cover scratching with a coathanger. =^..^=
    It used to be pretty common for a customer to scratch a drum, the 131 reinstalling the MC sometimes did the trick.

worker drone 250+ Posts

I remember the Mita 131 series. When everything was perfect, they were on the ragged edge of working. Adjusting sliding magnets on the scanner to correct image problems.