Page 88 of 92 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Re: Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Anything with an HP badge on it.
    What pieces of dung!
    Can't repair them coz HP won't allow you to get the replacement parts- a whole device replacement costing Ģ1700+ for a broken plastic feed guide worth Ģ5-00 REALLY?
    Tech Support is non-existent. Even if you do get through they just quote the manual you're looking at back to you & Level 2 support have less effect than an airbag on the Titanic!
    Rant over.
    HP's are shit.
    End of.
    I started wth the hp 1 back in the 80s and stopped after the 4300 series..saw so many bad laser unit calls and refused to resell any HPs

Hated Di151 and Di1610...

Also any A4 desk color mfp from KM like de c20, c25...

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Mita DC513Z Copier
    They weren't that bad after the $5000 worth of updates ... so OK, they still weren't that great.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Canon NP-6060? Took a lot of work to keep one running. Jammed a lot.

Canon IRC3100...hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    Canon IRC3100...hands down.
    oh yeah, I forgot about that one, and the IRC 5870, when I went to school on those, I just said "you've got to be kidding" they were so bad.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I've worked on plenty of crap machines during my 25 years in this business. When I was a Lanier tech back in the mid 90s, there was a Panasonic in their line that was horrible to work on. I don't remember the model number. Then, when I started on the Toshiba analogs, the 1550 ate everybody's lunch. Their first attempts at digital were miserable too. I hated anything with a model number starting with DP. The e-studio line was not bad, maybe because I had gotten used to Toshibas by then. The worst thing they ever did though, was the Toshiba-Oki hybrid from Hell. The e407CS color and e477S b/w series are service nightmares. Doc feeds with cheap gears that don't mesh well, drums and fusers that never reach their expected life, and any other thing that needs to be replaced takes half a day to get to it.

My vote is for the Ricoh 1224c/1232c

This week it is the HP P777 Pagewide injet A3 series. Launched buy HP two years ago to revolutionise the A3 copier market it failed spectacularly.
    It only had half a brain, could never work out where the head cleaning sled was, and it didn't measure the length of the paper so it never knew when it had a paper jam.
    The C/Q was awful, anybody that was "upgraded" to one was on the phone to the rep before the week was out asking for their old worn out laser back.
    I notice that HP quietly stopped manufacturing them and hasn't announced a replacement.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Lagonda, you donīt know how RIGHT you are, but the A-4 pagewide-series is worse. Had to change a buchfull of this beasts during printhead-problems. If they making white stripes you can clean and clean - change the whole machine, cause for the most models there is no spare-printhead availible.
    The new model for A-3 is called 77650. Itīs a little bit better, but quality prints arenīt much better. And the version with the extern finisher make all technicians laugh out loud (ever seen an ink-machine with a complete fuser????).
    Greetings...