Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41818283848586878889909192 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Re: Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

I see this process seems susceptible to print head clogging.... But then again if you used the wrong kind of generic solid ink in a Xerox it can be permanently damaged.

YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by monarke4 View Post
    Apparently one person can assemble it with the help of a crane.....

Assembling Of MFP E77650 By One Person!!!

YouTube

At 19:56 the tech is fanning and bending the ream of paper, why? This procedure went out in the late 1970s, right?

Technician

konicaminolta bizhub 420/421 ,600/750 ,601/751 ,950all from konica print engine design

Technician

SAVIN 840 - Streaks and lines that you could never get rid of easily. Also, customers would move them close to a wall and the scanner would strike the wall spilling the LTL solution everywhere and tearing up the scan clutch. Cost a lot of money in early 1980 for that junk so customers were always pissed.

Technician

I had to restart this thread. My personal nightmare was any liquid Savin machine. I worked on them from 1979 until they were finally all replaced sometime in the 90's. My hands were permanently stained for 10 years straight. No wonder my wife left me. I moonlighted as a carpet cleaner just to keep the customers happy. The worse was the V-35 with the 4 color option. I would like to kill the engineer that came up with that one.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts tonerleak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike_hartung View Post
    I had to restart this thread. My personal nightmare was any liquid Savin machine. I worked on them from 1979 until they were finally all replaced sometime in the 90's. My hands were permanently stained for 10 years straight. No wonder my wife left me. I moonlighted as a carpet cleaner just to keep the customers happy. The worse was the V-35 with the 4 color option. I would like to kill the engineer that came up with that one.
    Just got this notice in my inbox, couldn't agree with you more, you needed to be a plumber as well as a copier tech! Close second for the Savin 880/3 or the system 800, honorable mention to anything with Landa in the name. Cheers!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

i thought the liquid SAVIN 770,880s if i remember correct were solid..
    Having to work on the old powder minolta EP510/ AND 710 WERE just pure pigs with powder everywhere...............

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Quote Originally Posted by tonerleak View Post
    Just got this notice in my inbox, couldn't agree with you more, you needed to be a plumber as well as a copier tech! Close second for the Savin 880/3 or the system 800, honorable mention to anything with Landa in the name. Cheers!

Which Savin Model series was it from around 1986 that could supposedly copy in colors other that black, by pumping out the developer reservoir and filling/mixing in a new/different color?

I remember a sales pitch from a Savin salesman. Maybe he was pulling my leg!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by monarke4 View Post
    Which Savin Model series was it from around 1986 that could supposedly copy in colors other that black, by pumping out the developer reservoir and filling/mixing in a new/different color?

I remember a sales pitch from a Savin salesman. Maybe he was pulling my leg!
    The Savin V-35, 7350, and 7450 all had the color option available. To copy in RED, BLUE, GREEN, or BLACK. It took about 3-4 minutes to switch colors. There was 4 tanks. 1 for each color and a flush tank. After selecting a new color the machine would pump out the old color back into it's tank, then switch to the flush tank to flush out the old color from the drum, developer tray, cleaning blade and cleaning roller. After flushing it would then switch to the selected color and pump it to the developer tray to make copies in that color. There were hoses form each of the tanks to the developer tray, and priming nozzle. I remember the gasket seal at the priming nozzle was the worst. Constant leaks. I remember I would install 2 or 3 gaskets to try to get a seal. Nightmare machine.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    i thought the liquid SAVIN 770,880s if i remember correct were solid..
    Having to work on the old powder minolta EP510/ AND 710 WERE just pure pigs with powder everywhere...............
    Savin 770/80 series ran pretty good, I had many that ran 60k a month, now if we compare those to the 790 those were crap.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshiba View Post
    E Studio 3511/4511
    To sharshiba: I worked on those e-Studio 3511/4511. You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT, those models were complete junk! Did you ever have to replace the main drive belt in the back of the copier? That REALLY takes a lot of time!