Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ... 397980818283848586878889909192 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Re: Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    Lagonda, you donīt know how RIGHT you are, but the A-4 pagewide-series is worse. Had to change a buchfull of this beasts during printhead-problems. If they making white stripes you can clean and clean - change the whole machine, cause for the most models there is no spare-printhead availible.
    The new model for A-3 is called 77650. Itīs a little bit better, but quality prints arenīt much better. And the version with the extern finisher make all technicians laugh out loud (ever seen an ink-machine with a complete fuser????).
    Greetings...
    Can you expand on your discontent with the 77650? I have a new Toshiba A3 laser MFP quote to replace a very old Kyocera but the IT Administrator/ Decision maker is a HP fan and does not want to believe me that he is making a bad choice. In this case, a finisher is not required.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    The print/copy-quality is only accepteble if you put the machine on "presentation", then it becomes very slow. You need a good paper (color-lock is a must, otherwise the colors on the print look faded!), also the pickup-rollers are crap. I also had 2 machines with leaking printhead (you donīt believe what a mess!!!). The paperpathsensors have round mirror-foils - they are extremly sensible (dust, scratches), best way to clean is compressed air & a fine makeup-brush. A very lot of transport-rollers to clean. The waste-ink-unit is a big mechanical monster, part of the duplex-unit. The DFīs often make problems witg the integrated back-scanner, etc...
    If you make a great amount of prints/copies they smell not very good (the ink!). The copy-menue is crap, etc...
    Any A-3 laser engine is better.
    Greetings...

With your big help, I think I have been able to dissuade the the customer from acquiring an A3 PageWide MFP.

What has been your experience with HP's A3 color laser based MFPs like the E87640- 40 cpm? Pros/Cons

Thanks,

All Xerox the end............
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    With your big help, I think I have been able to dissuade the the customer from acquiring an A3 PageWide MFP.

What has been your experience with HP's A3 color laser based MFPs like the E87640- 40 cpm? Pros/Cons

Thanks,
    Very basic and don't play well with 3rd party software. Heaps of firmware updates but as they fix one issue its more than likely to introduce a new one.
    C/Q is very average, we have lots of problems with background on new machines at run up. HP's solution.......run off 15k copies to condition the drums!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

#1 Minolta EP 4230/ clam-shell design, smashed fingers, size detection wand warps and blows scanner off, blue colored clutch’s, small feed rollers, gray bushings also carried many. Major jamming copier. The feeder AF-1 document feeder, worthless.Toner bottle motor,over tighten,clean plastic between seal and sensor worn out quickly)
    For Toner Based, This is the Worst , think it came out in 1989,1990.

#2 Minolta EP 320/ sliding platen/Rubber upper fuser, one major jam in fuser, or customer did not check fuser oil level (Oil Wick) in the trough and or bearings freeze up . Only reason this one is on the list is I almost lost my finger when I started working on copiers. I did like the fiber optics maintenance.(spring clutch's).

Lot of you guys mention the Savin liquid models, Toner based Minolta EP-4230
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day,Teach a man to fish he eats for a Life time.

Xerox 5028 family

Technician

km c10.c35.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wingit View Post
    #1 Minolta EP 4230/ clam-shell design, smashed fingers, size detection wand warps and blows scanner off, blue colored clutch’s, small feed rollers, gray bushings also carried many. Major jamming copier. The feeder AF-1 document feeder, worthless.Toner bottle motor,over tighten,clean plastic between seal and sensor worn out quickly)
    For Toner Based, This is the Worst , think it came out in 1989,1990.

#2 Minolta EP 320/ sliding platen/Rubber upper fuser, one major jam in fuser, or customer did not check fuser oil level (Oil Wick) in the trough and or bearings freeze up . Only reason this one is on the list is I almost lost my finger when I started working on copiers. I did like the fiber optics maintenance.(spring clutch's).

Lot of you guys mention the Savin liquid models, Toner based Minolta EP-4230
    As a minolta guy way way back they had a lot of TURDS..ep510,ep710 and then the ones where the power supplies would go all the time"not the 450z which i learned to repair the next series..
    I did like the 450z and the ep310,solid.........It was like nite and day when i switched to sharp boxes and the boards hardly failed and the same on ricohs afterwards...........

Quote Originally Posted by kmbthk View Post
    km c10.c35.
    Yeah these are not great too much plastic sadly the new iseries c4050i are the same.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk