Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    KonicaMinolta Tech. 250+ Posts CMB's Avatar

the things that customers do

one time, a customer calls up screamming and yelling that his copier is jammed and he needs us there yesterday. so we go there and the fuser is a wreck. there is this plastic crap all in it. transparency?? nope. this professor at a local university cut out a piece of visqueen 8.5x11 and tried to pass it thru as a transparency.

got a call one time, customer upset and yelling that she could not for the life of her or anyone else up there make a two sided transparency. here\'s your sign.

no lying folks, this stuff really happened with us.

my favorite, a customer calls up with spots on her copies. so i go prepared pm kit, drum, developer, coronas and everything. got it looking good. she walks in and makes a few copies and said the spots are still there. i can\'t see them, so i ask someone else to look. they can\'t see them either. so i go back to the original customer and look at her real close. then i asked, take your glasses off and look. whata you know, no more spots!
    http://christianoutdoorsman.com/forums/
    www.lewisdigital.net
    Lewis Digital
    630-1 Capital Circle N.E. | Tallahassee, FL 32301
    Telephone: 850.222.4418

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. 1 Peter 2:12

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts SuperTech's Avatar

Re:the things that customers do

OK this happend to me about ten years ago.

I get a call for a mid-size machine that is \"turning the originals black\". I figure it\'s time to go out and clean some document feeder rollers.

I get to the customer\'s office and the user that called is out to lunch, I clean some roller and bust out my trusty CopyVac to help fill out the hour. Just as I\'m getting ready to pack up and do some paperwork the lady comes back from lunch and asks me what I found. I told her I cleaned some DF rollers and that sometimes the the rollers will cause some smudges. She tell me she didn\'t call about smudges, she said the machine was turning her originals black, solid black. I tell her in a nice way the she is nuts and she tells me she\'s not. I ask her for a sample of her original and she can\'t produce one. I told her to call back if she sees the problem again and I call the dispatcher and close the call.

As I\'m closing up my tool box, I here the lady say, \"I found one, I found one\", she comes around the corner and shows me a peice of paper that is solid black. she hands it to me and as soon as it hit my hand I knew exactly what it was. It was a peice of thermal fax paper. I got a few of their faxes and sent them through the DF with no problems. Again, I told her that the machine wouldn\'t do that and she told me it did it every time she used the doc feeder. We talked for a few more minutes and I asked her to show me how it happens. the lady then proceded to put the thermal faxes in the bypass tray and hit the big green button. the machine sucked the paper through like a champ and turned it solid black every time.

After I finished my chuckle, I explained what she was doing wrong, she told me that I was nuts and that is how she has always made her copies. I told her she was more nuts and went on to my next call (with a smile).

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts SuperTech's Avatar

Re: the things that customers do

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTech View Post
    OK this happend to me about ten years ago.

I get a call for a mid-size machine that is \"turning the originals black\". I figure it\'s time to go out and clean some document feeder rollers.

I get to the customer\'s office and the user that called is out to lunch, I clean some roller and bust out my trusty CopyVac to help fill out the hour. Just as I\'m getting ready to pack up and do some paperwork the lady comes back from lunch and asks me what I found. I told her I cleaned some DF rollers and that sometimes the the rollers will cause some smudges. She tell me she didn\'t call about smudges, she said the machine was turning her originals black, solid black. I tell her in a nice way the she is nuts and she tells me she\'s not. I ask her for a sample of her original and she can\'t produce one. I told her to call back if she sees the problem again and I call the dispatcher and close the call.

As I\'m closing up my tool box, I here the lady say, \"I found one, I found one\", she comes around the corner and shows me a peice of paper that is solid black. she hands it to me and as soon as it hit my hand I knew exactly what it was. It was a peice of thermal fax paper. I got a few of their faxes and sent them through the DF with no problems. Again, I told her that the machine wouldn\'t do that and she told me it did it every time she used the doc feeder. We talked for a few more minutes and I asked her to show me how it happens. the lady then proceded to put the thermal faxes in the bypass tray and hit the big green button. the machine sucked the paper through like a champ and turned it solid black every time.

After I finished my chuckle, I explained what she was doing wrong, she told me that I was nuts and that is how she has always made her copies. I told her she was more nuts and went on to my next call (with a smile).

I posted that over ten years ago, I've been in this business for way too long (but it still pays the bills)

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Re: the things that customers do

I've had something very similar, customer claiming the copier was turning the originals solid black. It was a warehouse where the staff got turned over frequently. I found the platen cover was removed and the user was putting the original in the by pass tray. I could not explain to the user what was happening as there was a major language barrier, and the usual manager there was off on a vacation. The inside of the machine was virtually shot as well, amazing how some people manage to live as long as they do.