Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar

Re: Top 12 Reasons to vote Democrat

Quote Originally Posted by ddude View Post
    INstead of the problem with BIG OIL, shouldn't we rally against BIG APPLE for their obscene profits?

Strawman argument.

Anyway - owning an iAnything is an option, at this juncture. Reliance on oil is not.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

QUOTE=charm5496;248705 By nature i am an independent and vote for candidates regardless of what party they are affiliated with.[/QUOTE]

Lately I have been voting AGAINST , not FOR candidates. We have a local state level rep that up until a few months ago was a very staunch democrat. When things started looking dim for him on that front, he switched to independent. Since that didn't look so good either, he switched to Republican. OH YEAH, I voted AGAINT him...he still won the primary anyway. Yes, I will vote AGAINT him in the regular election.
    If you switch sides on your so-called party afilliation, is it because you realized that you were wrong, or that you just want others to believe that you actually know what the correct political standards should be.
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

First off, the problem with politics is the vast sums of money invested in it. Hell, it has become entertainment in this country! There are entire TV networks dedicated to this and always pitted against each other in points of view. We are in the state we are in because our elected officials and the populace are too busy pointing fingers at each other instead of SOLVING PROBLEMS. Just because we don't agree on something doesn't make me a "hippie" or a "right wing nut".
    When did dissent become UN-American?! Dissent is what founded this country and the majority of the institutions we enjoy today. If you do not like something, it is your right and duty to say something, even if it is unpopular.Ya for America!

As for the planet, we have been polluting this rock for centuries. The industrial revolution alone probably altered the gene pool. Not only do we have an oil dependency problem, so does the world. You are talking about a finite resource; eventually it will run out. Think of this; 85% of energy produced from a gasoline automobile engine is heat. HEAT! Would you buy a copier with 15% up-time? But we all own an automobile. By the way, oil is used to make plastics as well. Can you imagine naked copiers...
    Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock View Post
    If you're offended when people call you stupid, quit giving them reason to.
    There are lots worse things than being called stupid. You don't have to give the left a reason to call you names, just let them know you are conservative or libertarian.
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mervyn View Post
    Have you seen the Gulf of Mexico lately , I live near there.
    Went to the Florida panhandle last summer. Got treated to the spectacle of big bad warning signs all over the beaches with thousands in the sun and water and nary a tarball or oil slick in sight. Lot's of politics involved in that mess.
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker