Confused & Bewildered 250+ Posts sdrawkcab's Avatar

Re: zaza? wtf is this

Most people just think ZAZA WTF
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    zaza? wtf is this

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    That and also the fact that his english is not so good could be the reason - it is much easier to say "I want manual for bizhub 500" instead of "Would someone please provide me the propper documentation for the bizhub 500?". Most people would use the first one due to sheer laziness, but in Zaza's case could be otherwise.
    That's an interesting point. It changes what different nationalities regard is a polite request. I work with a few Polish people and while this is in no way an attack on them its an example of the point I am trying to make. One of these Polish colleagues is a warehouse administrator and quite often has to get me to rob parts for field engineers. He might say

Can you rob this part.

That's it no please or thank you, I once questioned why and the explanation was that typically the English use please and thank you too often. In his opinion 'can' is a polite way of saying 'will you' so adding please or thank you would be superfluous.

So if he posted here and needed a service manual his idea of a polite request may be,

Can I have a manual for....
    Last edited by skynet; 02-24-2012 at 07:42 PM.

mjarbar

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    So if he posted here and needed a service manual his idea of a polite request may be,

Can I have a manual for....
    Yep, when you type something you know how it sounds to you but someone a continant and a couple of languages away doesn't.

Add into that the use of a translator program you can set yourself up for a epic fail.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    English may be a 2nd language to you, but as with a lot of people with english as a 2nd language your english is a lot better than those who have english as their main language
    How true !
    It's a crying shame that our schools don't spend much time on "English" anymore. Heck, some kids can barely read, and these are some of the MATH whiz kids in college.
    Here in the US we have so many different dialects ( Southern ,Northern, Redneck, Hillbilly, Yuppie, Yankee, Eastern, Western, Boston, Californian, ... well you get the idea ) that English is just the ROOT language.
    That's one reason my job is fun....I get to talk to people all over the US.
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HenryT2 View Post
    How true !
    It's a crying shame that our schools don't spend much time on "English" anymore. Heck, some kids can barely read, and these are some of the MATH whiz kids in college.
    Here in the US we have so many different dialects ( Southern ,Northern, Redneck, Hillbilly, Yuppie, Yankee, Eastern, Western, Boston, Californian, ... well you get the idea ) that English is just the ROOT language.
    That's one reason my job is fun....I get to talk to people all over the US.
    Well, I feel the same about my own language (Dutch). When you read the things people post on Facebook, write in emails etc. it really makes you cry.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    Well, I feel the same about my own language (Dutch). When you read the things people post on Facebook, write in emails etc. it really makes you cry.
    Are you referring to crying from laughter? Or crying from realizing the people who can't talk the language correctly, much less make responsible choices are the future "leaders" of our respective countries?

Engineer 250+ Posts sweet.persona's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DWise View Post
    Are you referring to crying from laughter? Or crying from realizing the people who can't talk the language correctly, much less make responsible choices are the future "leaders" of our respective countries?
    Lazhar gourari @zaza @lazhar gourari we miss u
    A GREAT PLACE TO WORK - A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!

DAMENE ABDEL AZIZ
    DJELFA

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    zaza? wtf is this

Zaza, isn't that the inventor of "Frimwar"?

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

How about Tinny J..he was another one always wanting free everything and never contributed..E