Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Tech Car

Best Tech Car

I need to buy a new car this weekend because my employer requires it.
    Runzheimer sucks!
    What do you guys think is the best car for a copier tech?
    I need great gas mileage and plenty of storage space.
    I'm looking at the Honda Fit.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Best Tech Car

One of our guys just bought a Prius V and it is really nice. Pricey and hard to find (he had to order his) but has lots of room and gets fantastic fuel economy. 2 others bought Chevy HHR's and they work good too. Scion xB is a cool option w/ decent economy.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The Honda Fit is a great vehicle...rates right up there with the best....but if you are going to be doing some long distance....look at the diesel volkswagon .....if not...buy two of the cheapest gas cow you can find...one to drive....one for parts....and remember....smart people lease....to stupid people.....and yes...Runzheimer sucks...it is way bias towards the employer....

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rockin57rod View Post
    but if you are going to be doing some long distance....look at the diesel volkswagon
    I forgot to mention that one. I should have as I drive a TDI VW and get great economy and have lots of room. Maintenance is expensive but the intervals are 10k miles so it is not too bad.

I wish they would just pay me cents per mile but here I am looking for a new car. What sucks is that I have both of my cars payed off and REALLY dont want a car payment. Just got done with Dave Ramseys Financial Peace University and hate to go backwards. It really sucks my employer is forcing this on me.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Best Tech Car

I have a toyota matrix great on gas,lots of room plus power outlets for laptop

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Best Tech Car

My company provides us with Honda Element and while I'm not a big fan of it, it is a decent tech vehicle, tons of space, ok gas mileage, turns on a dime very reliable.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Best Tech Car

I've got 160K on a 2008 Scion xB with only basic maintenance (brakes, tires, oil changes, tire rotations). I looked at the Honda Fit also. It's fine just for service, but if you have to load up machines forget it. There is an 8" drop from the tailgate opening to the floor. It would be impossible to retrieve a machine once it was inside. The floor of the Scion is bumper height, and a lot more durable since I replaced it with 3/4" plywood. And the mileage stays steady around 30mpg. No complaints. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

You are right that it sucks that your employer is forcing you to buy a new car....I guess a car lease is the new form of chains for the slave.....LOL....I think the Runzheimer system wants everyone to have a car no older than three years>>(BTW...they are paid by employers)
    A "new" car makes no economic sense...also there is no way of knowing how long your employer will be around....consider that ...when planing to move to your next job....after all...printer service...is not a long term plan unless you go into business for yourself........thats all my opinion....of course....

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

My wife just bought a Chevy Cruz Eco, which has lots of room, lots of power and mileage in the 40's.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking