Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Re: Not so funny joke of the day.

Customer breaks part off in machine, screams they want a loaner. Why would we give you a good working copier when you can't even operate your current machine correctly?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Cool Re: Not so funny joke of the day.

Working in the healthcare industry I hear "I think it's about time for an upgrade". Usually this is said when they have had repeated jams because of feed rollers. I have found that if I say "you know that's a great idea, instead of putting an $8 set of feed rollers on, let's go talk to your boss about buying a new machine."

majority of of the time they laugh. Once the joke was on me when we actually talked to their boss and they bought a new machine! Now, I just keep my mouth shut.

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy View Post
    Working in the healthcare industry I hear "I think it's about time for an upgrade". Usually this is said when they have had repeated jams because of feed rollers. I have found that if I say "you know that's a great idea, instead of putting an $8 set of feed rollers on, let's go talk to your boss about buying a new machine."

majority of of the time they laugh. Once the joke was on me when we actually talked to their boss and they bought a new machine! Now, I just keep my mouth shut.
    I see this too sometimes.. Hey, if it gets a sale for the company, why not? You get paid either way. Lol!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonezy999 View Post
    You know the type of joke you hear routinely from customers like, "I have a hammer if you want to borrow it" or "that machine would make a good fishing drop" or "I hope you can get that back together."

I get this shit all day long, add your own favorite.
    They park their machine in a tiny inaccessible space, and if you ask whether you could move it to a place where you can actually work on it, they look at you like you've just asked for the soul of their first-born!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Martinez View Post
    Yup specially when you are testing the equipment and the customer is watching and waititng for it to jam, and they always say "...its not doing it because you're here, but once you leave it jams..."
    Everytime I hear that…pulp fiction pops into my mind. "Say it one more time…I dare you…" lol, good times.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy View Post
    Everytime I hear that…pulp fiction pops into my mind. "Say it one more time…I dare you…" lol, good times.

I just tell them it's because office equipment fears me!
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Not so funny joke of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I just tell them it's because office equipment fears me!
    An old IT saying "The problem exists somewhere between the keyboard and the chair."

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts StrippedScrew's Avatar

Had to shut down a young punk who thought he was going to be funny today. He says " anyone ever called you ricoh suave?", I roll my eyes and come back with "only for the last 20 years". Later he says "Have you ever seen the printer smashing scene in office space?", I just give an evil smile, a wink, and reply "I keep my BFH out in the car buddy."

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Its been doing that since you were here... response, well we were here 4 months ago, with a smile.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    Yeah I get the old "Well it's working because you are here." line all the time. I always tell them it's my special aura and then guarantee it until I leave the parking lot.
    I sometimes tell them "You would work too, if someone threatened to take you apart."
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?