Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 115152535455565758596061

Thread: Gun Control

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Gun Control

Re: Gun Control

Outlaw guns..then only the outlaws will have guns! or you can have my gun...bullets first!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Effective immediately, Canada bans all forms of Assault rifles. Owners must immediately discontinue their use and have two years to destroy them our export them out of the country.

Trudeau announces ban on 1,500 types of '''assault-style''' firearms — effective immediately | CBC News

AR-15s and all of its 1,500 shapes and sizes are now deemed illegal.

Starting today, licensed gun owners will no longer be allowed to sell, transport, import or use these sorts of weapons in this country.

"As of today, the market for assault weapons in Canada is closed," Public Safety Minister Bill Blair said. "Enough is enough. Banning these firearms will save Canadian lives."

"These weapons were designed for one purpose and one purpose only: to kill the largest number of people in the shortest amount of time," Trudeau said. "There is no use and no place for such weapons in Canada."
    While he acknowledged that most firearms owners are law-abiding citizens, he said hunters don't need this sort of firepower.

"You don't need an AR-15 to bring down a deer," he said.

The principal models being prohibited:

• M16, AR-10, AR-15 rifles and M4 carbine
    • Ruger Mini-14 rifle
    • US Rifle M14
    • Vz58 rifle and CZ858 rifle
    • Robinson Armament XCR rifle
    • CZ Scorpion EVO 3 carbine and pistol
    • Beretta Cx4 Storm carbine
    • SIG Sauer SIG MCX and SIG Sauer SIG MPX carbines and pistols
    • Swiss Arms Classic Green and Four Seasons series rifles

Today's ban does not cover handguns, the weapon of choice for gang members. Blair promised Friday to enact legislation down the line to give municipalities the power to ban these firearms.

Canada will pay these gun owners a $ amount, unknown at this time, to surrender these weapons to the Police.

The RCMP has confirmed that the Nova Scotia shooter used firearms obtained illegally in Canada and from U.S. sources to carry out his crimes. He was not licensed to own firearms.

I live about a 20 minute drive from one part of the largest mass murder scene in Canadian history.
    I can assault you with a kitchen knife. Are you idiots going to ban them next?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Retired US military members seem to be a major supplier of illegal fire arms to Canada.
    You had better back that up with some actual facts asshole. Oh that is right, you liberals do not believe in facts.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Gun Control

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    The question needed to be asked:
    What is the price to feel safe?
    No guns : All feel safe society.
    Some guns : Some feel safe society.
    All guns : Paranoid society.
    The real question that needs to be asked of and honestly answered by governments is "How do you intend that all weapons are removed from the hands of those who do not now and will not in the future obey laws?" If you actually check, in the USA those cities that have the highest gun crimes also have the strictest gun control laws. The only thing that has been able to temporarily shut down the Chicago shooting gallery is SARS-CoV-2.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The real question that needs to be asked of and honestly answered by governments is "How do you intend that all weapons are removed from the hands of those who do not now and will not in the future obey laws?" If you actually check, in the USA those cities that have the highest gun crimes also have the strictest gun control laws. The only thing that has been able to temporarily shut down the Chicago shooting gallery is SARS-CoV-2.
    Governments are not interested in gun control, otherwise they would target gun factories formost.
    The security agencies would target the big munitions players and jail them.

I don't believe either of the above will happen, an so population control continues on.
    Blame is just shifted here, there , over to them. Blame shifting is the easy part. Its always the other person with the problem.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post

If I was walking through a dangerous tropical jungle, I would carry a gun to fend off animals trying to kill me.

If I was walking through a dangerous concrete jungle, I would carry a gun to fend off animals trying to kill me.

When people believe they are surround by wild animals, then they feel they need guns for security.

When people believe they are surround by tame animals, then they feel no need for gun security.

Which jungle do you feel you live in? Which jungle do you wish to feel safe in...? How safe do you want your children/grandchildren to feel?

The question needed to be asked:
    What is the price to feel safe?
    No guns : All feel safe society.
    Some guns : Some feel safe society.
    All guns : Paranoid society.

total fucking hog wash!

I been handling guns ALL of my adult life and much when I was growing up.
    I can safely handle and use guns.. that is due to PROPER training. When I had kids THEY were trained properly.

The 2nd Amendment IS NOT ABOUT FUCKING HUNTING.

IT'S ABOUT:
    being able to: keep what we have earned/bought without the fear of losing our property.
    being able to defend ourselves like the colonists did against the brits. Because they knew .. give men power and they WILL abuse that power. eg: all the unconstitutional crap the liberals have been pulling with GUN CONTROL.

as someone mentioned.. if you take away all guns only criminals-cops-politicians will have them....

that's HOW Hitler got all those Jews in the box cars to the concentration camps. They took away the guns ... then just paraded them into the trains and then the gas chambers.

They can come take my guns.... 1 bullet at a time ..then uncover me in the pile of brass and pry the bitch from my cold dead hands. I hope they bring plenty of body bags.. they'll need everyone.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Gun Control

I can assault you with a kitchen knife. Are you idiots going to ban them next?
    Finally, common sense gun laws in Canada that the NRA and its supporters cannot do a damm thing to change.

"You do not need an AR-15 to bring down a deer".

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

The only thing that has been able to temporarily shut down the Chicago shooting gallery is SARS-CoV-2.
    Theres a thought.....
    Clever people should remove the labels off their personal pepper spray, and relabel the pepper cans Covid19...
    See if criminals run for cover...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Retired US military members seem to be a major supplier of illegal fire arms to Canada.
    I watched a TV program about this, but it may have been about one instance and may not be a systemic problem.