Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
    Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Tell us about your user name & avatar

I read this site for a while before I signed up, and after I found the solution to a rather vexing problem here I wanted to say "Thanks for the help!". I was in a hurry and not feeling very creative, though, so as I'm a tech in Iowa, Iowatech it was.
    As for the avatar, back in April of 2001 I was in the northern part of Guatemala with the Reserves helping with humanitarian stuff. The day before our flight back to the States, they let us go to a huge Mayan archeological site that was nearby, and that is a picture of me standing in the entrance of the site.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

As it is winter here, the old avatar didn't seem fair. So the newer one is from a picture I took during the winter when I still lived in Illinois, and I was driving between Monmouth and Macomb.
    Well, I thought it looked neat to see the snow blowing across the highway and the sun showing through a break in the clouds in the background.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Bet no-one can guess where my user name comes from, and my avatar is just little old me
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Tell us about your user name & avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    Bet no-one can guess where my user name comes from, and my avatar is just little old me
    Did you think no one has looked at your profile?
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Well, I got my name back when I started playing shoot em ups on PC. Originally I'd use 'Frag' as my username/screen name as 'Frags' are what they technically call kills in First Person Shooters. At least that's what I believe. Since then, It's gone through a number of mutations based on minimum character lengths, and particular permutations being taken. Now I stick with a variety of options. Phrag is just one, but probably the most common for me now.

Sometimes I even replace the 'a' with a '4'.

My avatar is just something that came to mind reading one of the threads on here; "What is the dumbest customer comment/question you've heard?" And that is how I react internally when I hear some of the silly, silly things they say and do. Like complaining their B/W 282 is printing green, when all they had to do was check to make sure that the green paper they loaded in the tray was in fact, the culprit.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Tell us about your user name & avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phrag View Post
    ... My avatar is just something that came to mind reading one of the threads on here; "What is the dumbest customer comment/question you've heard?" And that is how I react internally when I hear some of the silly, silly things they say and do. Like complaining their B/W 282 is printing green, when all they had to do was check to make sure that the green paper they loaded in the tray was in fact, the culprit.
    Yeah, I got a good snigger from that one too. It's just so hard to think of any response at all to those kinds of questions, that I must just let them go by unacknowledged ... and point and laugh. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Red face Re: Tell us about your user name & avatar

I know this is an old thread but since I am new here. fourzerofive is my psn name and I play a lot of Call of Duty. And a troll face because I like memes and I used to spend a lot of time on 4 chan and Reddit its funny to me. I am not a troll though.