Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Tell us about your user name & avatar

Hello all,

Tell us about you user name and avatar - I for one am curious as to what some of them mean!

I will get the ball rolling...

Wagon - I use that one a lot, relates to an old car I have : and the picture is just one I liked the look of.
    If you are hitting your head up against a wall it always feels better when you stop.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    I was called this in school because of my interest in science and computers.
    My avatar is the car I would like to buy when it hits the open market.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar
    Hi Y'all,

2 of my favorite comic book characters are Batman series Knightfall and Ghost Rider, obviously you can figure out which is which.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    Mine... well, this one dates back to when my wife and I got our first computer and connected to internet for the first time. We were signing up for a Yahoo account and couldn't think of a name. To make things simple, I opened up a book and said the first word I saw... Unisys. The book was one of my wifes school books when she was in college. After we had a name, I told her to pick a number. She quickly said, "12". Not sure why, but that's what she said, so...

I did the same thing with another name I used for a long time. YYZ81 I picked up a RUSH cd and picked the first title I saw, then added the year the album was released.

As for my avatar - That is an eye, of course, that I did in Blender. I haven't played with it much lately, but have be on again off again with it for a lot of years. I have been thinking of changing it recently... I just might do that! Thinking of a wine glass with wine spilling out of it.... there's another one I might do as well... hell I don't know!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Copier_Guy's Avatar
    Mine was simple and not as complicated as Unisys.

I've been a Copier Tech for 25 years and in all that time I can remember many, many, many times when I would walk into an office and introduce myself to the receptionist. He/she would then get on the phone to the contact person I stated and say, "Hey so and so, the Copier Guys here!"

I heard it so many times, it just seemed perfect.

The Avatar was one of the few choices the site had and I thought it fit my personality perfectly.

Heeeeeerrrrreeeee's Johnny!!!

I wouldn't change it for the world!
    Last edited by Copier_Guy; 01-27-2008 at 05:43 PM.

Service Manager 250+ Posts just a tech's Avatar
    well guys.. as for mine-- i couldn't figure out a name for myself when i registered and i guess it was the humble good o'le boy in me that thinks of myself as nothin special.. so there ya go-- just a tech

as for my avatar, at the time i didn't see too much that was available that i liked..(wanted something i could be proud of.. ya know, being a new guy to the site and all).. well, i figured i was pretty damn proud to be a part of my country so i decided on the eagle.. so- there it is, plain and simple.. just like me..lol..

Thumbs up

I have just used my Name and the avatar is a picture of an MG built in 1974 which I have rebuilt !

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts randula7's Avatar

Thumbs up

I have just used my Name and namber7 the avatar is we used lion picture of my contry flag in sri lanka

Formerly the Dispatcher 50+ Posts Elle's Avatar
    the name is my name and the avatar is my current favorite pic (its on this desktop, its on the lappy desktop and its even the vista marker for my lappy login) she'll make a fine tatoo some day - Copier Guy i toss em a curve ball, they start to say the copier guy is here then they pause, back up and start again usually to finish with "copier lady" or "repair person" i'm startin to think i might be the only woman in the city doin this.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Tell us about your user name & avatar

blackcat has been with me since 1995. If you still have an old copy of Microsoft Publisher 95, this was a piece of clipart that caught my eye. In January 2003, I was looking for a new job, and when I signed up for the Job Classifieds Clipboard my favorite login was already taken! I had to take my second choice, blackcat4866, and its stuck with me since.

In 1995 I had one cat. Since then I'm up to six felines (they find me, really...). Sometimes I think that I'm one of them.