Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Fucking proud of my job -sorry for the language

She did you a favour by leaving. In the long run, a woman like that can break a man to pieces. She seems to have a bad personality. Anyway, how did you end up with her? She really doesn't deserves you.

Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar

I've found the general public seem to hold that view on our profession. The sneering, down the nose looks you get from people in your customers office. Looking down at you like your some sort of grease monkey. When in fact I am well educated and well trained in my job, I speak, read and write two languages fluently. I almost ended up in one of those offices having studied labour law. But by a twist of fate I wound up doing what I do. Even half a day in the office and I have a severe case of cabin fever. Wouldn't swap it for the world.

As for your former lady friend, she'll deserves what she gets. And Karma usually gathers speed as it comes back round.

Onward and upward mate

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Fucking proud of my job -sorry for the language

The company I used to work for, had a client whose office was full of lawyers that used to complain and moan when I came in once a week to do maintenance with my vacuum on their machines. Used to call me the cleaning lady. I used to respond, "Those who are nice to me get their printer fixed first when it goes down. Where would you like to be on that list?" Changed their attitude very fast.

As for the Bishop's problem, those type of women live to regret choices they've made. I've never met a happy woman that married for money. In fact I had one tell me that she married for money because she didn't want to worry about the future. She said she has money and worries more about the future than when she had none. She gave me some advice. "Don't be in a rush to get married. Hold out for a good man, that you truly love hanging out with. Someone who is really a good friend who loves you for who you are, not someone who wants you to be someone else. Because if you marry the wrong one, you can me more lonely than being single." I think that advice goes for men as well as women.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    The company I used to work for, had a client whose office was full of lawyers that used to complain and moan when I came in once a week to do maintenance with my vacuum on their machines. Used to call me the cleaning lady. I used to respond, "Those who are nice to me get their printer fixed first when it goes down. Where would you like to be on that list?" Changed their attitude very fast.

As for the Bishop's problem, those type of women live to regret choices they've made. I've never met a happy woman that married for money. In fact I had one tell me that she married for money because she didn't want to worry about the future. She said she has money and worries more about the future than when she had none. She gave me some advice. "Don't be in a rush to get married. Hold out for a good man, that you truly love hanging out with. Someone who is really a good friend who loves you for who you are, not someone who wants you to be someone else. Because if you marry the wrong one, you can me more lonely than being single." I think that advice goes for men as well as women.
    Wise words. I also like the response to the cleaning lady comment.

Money? What is money? This thing I do not know, nor do I see. Supposedly I receive some periodically in exchange for the services I provide to the company's clients. From the male perspective on the subject? Gold digging skank extremely shallow, superficial person. Speaking as a young male who married very early in life, I can say I'm confident in my choice to do so. There's nobody else I can spend a whole day with and not say a damn thing to, yet still just like to be around. It's a matter of finding that overwhelming sense of comfort with another person, in my opinion. I've heard it spoken a few times, even here on CTN. The best person to marry is someone you can spend time with in complete silence without any issue. Of course, marriage isn't for everyone, or for others, the first just wasn't enough!

Cheers to you, Banginbishop, for having the strength to move on to something better for yourself instead of wallowing in pity, and for having pride in the work you do.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy View Post
    I've found the general public seem to hold that view on our profession. The sneering, down the nose looks you get from people in your customers office. Looking down at you like your some sort of grease monkey. When in fact I am well educated and well trained in my job, I speak, read and write two languages fluently. I almost ended up in one of those offices having studied labour law. But by a twist of fate I wound up doing what I do. Even half a day in the office and I have a severe case of cabin fever. Wouldn't swap it for the world.

As for your former lady friend, she'll deserves what she gets. And Karma usually gathers speed as it comes back round.

Onward and upward mate
    my point as well, I posted a thread on here a few months ago re data on hdds and security. She is a data security manager i.e she makes sure no unathorised data is missued and when I told her about the copiers she got massive credit at work Lets face it ladies and gentleman the posh term for us is electro mechanical engineer. we read circuit diagrams, we fault find along with other things thats not in the job description and ive seen a lot of so called engineers who are crap and can't do are job becuase we are lateral thinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post

I accepted her for who she was. Typical negative thing I had was regarding the estranged husband who offered to pay for comestic sugery and anything else, so i come along and say theres nothing wrong with you and your fine as you are. She said Ive never been with anyone who makes me feel so easy to be around - so it things like that that confused the hell out of me and still do but i'll never really get the whole truth and its time to draw a line and let her regret it later on - i know she will as all the previous guys she dated let her down one way or anotheror turned out to be after one thing and no not money - lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Akitu;348313

Wise words. I also like the response to the cleaning lady comment.

Money? What is money? This thing I do not know, nor do I see. Supposedly I receive some periodically in exchange for the services I provide to the company's clients. From the male perspective on the subject? Gold digging skank extremely shallow, superficial person. Speaking as a young male who married very early in life, I can say I'm confident in my choice to do so. There's nobody else I can spend a whole day with and not say a damn thing to, yet still just like to be around. It's a matter of finding that overwhelming sense of comfort with another person, in my opinion. I've heard it spoken a few times, even here on CTN. The best person to marry is someone you can spend time with in complete silence without any issue. Of course, marriage isn't for everyone, or for others, the first just wasn't enough!

Cheers to you, Banginbishop, for having the strength to move on to something better for yourself instead of wallowing in pity, and for having pride in the work you do.
    She's still fucking with my head now, because she blocked me on facebook which i was glad in a way because weve all been there - because you get to keep seeing them other than to toture ourselves. well shes now unblocked me again (sunday) and I know she still checks on me because I had twitter and then remarked on it with a text last week. I did think I had it all with what you described above but It was all based on lies. This new woman im sort of seeing shocked me on sunday night with her cars. I know shes got money and she doesn't care about what ive got or not got. She drives a average car for her position and i mean average but she also owns another car for when she has important meetings with directors etc. At first she woudnt say then she dropped it - a bloody bently with private plate! Must admit im still a bit wary with the money side but shes down to earth and from a working class background.

That is one crazy woman.. Looks like she was more interested in her status than love..

Believe in yourself, do what you do best and what makes you happy for that will also make others happy...

She didn't deserve you.. you deserve better my friend.. Good Luck
    A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words !!!

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sonyboy View Post
    That is one crazy woman.. Looks like she was more interested in her status than love..

Believe in yourself, do what you do best and what makes you happy for that will also make others happy...

She didn't deserve you.. you deserve better my friend.. Good Luck
    you got it in one my friend! I have customers who i can talk to and have a laugh with and ive asked them what they think of my job and then explained and they all coudn't believe what she said and said I should be proud of my job and who i am - it just knocks your confidence but I will bounce back and if things turn out with this new woman i'll be driving over to hinckley in leicestershire to knock on the door of this shallow woman and let her look at the bentley im driving - pmsl

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by banginbishop View Post
    She's still fucking with my head now, because she blocked me on facebook which i was glad in a way because weve all been there - because you get to keep seeing them other than to toture ourselves. well shes now unblocked me again (sunday) and I know she still checks on me because I had twitter and then remarked on it with a text last week. I did think I had it all with what you described above but It was all based on lies. This new woman im sort of seeing shocked me on sunday night with her cars. I know shes got money and she doesn't care about what ive got or not got. She drives a average car for her position and i mean average but she also owns another car for when she has important meetings with directors etc. At first she woudnt say then she dropped it - a bloody bently with private plate! Must admit im still a bit wary with the money side but shes down to earth and from a working class background.
    Social media BS. Best thing you can do is be proactive about it. Be the one to block her and deny her access to your personal life, she already decided she wanted nothing to do with it, and you can take satisfaction knowing you have one thing she won't ever have - yourself.

I can proudly say I've never tweeted, twatted or tooted on the Twitter machine, nor do I plan to. If I wanted to know what celebrity took a dump at 7:45 AM I would think my life has lost meaning and probably jump from my third story balcony.

You know what they say - mo' money, mo' problems.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I know this women pissed you off big time. Good thing it happened now so you don't have to spend more wasted time. You said you have a new girl friend. SO, don't look for some kind of revenge. Don't be knocking on her door showing off. Just take the high road and it will hurt her even more. My 2 cents.

Best to ya.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Have you considered a dog?

WHY DOGS ARE BETTER THAN WOMEN
    1. Dogs don't cry.
    2. Dogs love it when your friends come over.
    3. Dogs don't care if you use their shampoo.
    4. Dogs think you sing great.
    5. A dog's time in the bathroom is confined to a quick drink.
    6. Dogs don't expect you to call when you are running late.
    7. The later you are, the more excited dogs are to see you
    8. Dogs will forgive you for playing with other dogs.
    9. Dogs don't notice if you call them by another dog's name.
    10. Dogs are excited by rough play.
    11. Dogs don't mind if you give their offspring away.
    12. Dogs understand that farts are funny.
    13. Dogs love red meat.
    14. Dogs can appreciate excessive body hair.
    15. Anyone can get a good-looking dog.
    16. If a dog is gorgeous, other dogs don't hate it.
    17. Dogs don't shop.
    18. Dogs like it when you leave lots of things on the floor.
    19. A dog's disposition stays the same all month long.
    20. Dogs never need to examine the relationship.
    21. A dog's parents never visit.
    22. Dogs love long car trips.
    23. Dogs understand that instincts are better than asking for directions.
    24. Dogs understand that all animals smaller than dogs were made to be hunted.
    25. When a dog gets old and starts to snap at you incessantly, you can shoot it.
    26. Dogs like beer.
    27. Dogs don't hate their bodies.
    28. No dog ever bought a Kenny G or Hootie & the Blowfish album.
    29. No dog ever put on 100 pounds after reaching adulthood.
    30. Dogs never criticize.
    31. Dogs agree that you have to raise your voice to get your point across.
    32. Dogs never expect gifts.
    33. It's legal to keep a dog chained up at your house.
    34. Dogs don't worry about germs.
    35. Dogs don't want to know about every other dog you ever had.
    36. Dogs like to do their snooping outside as opposed to in your wallet, desk, and the back of your sock drawer.
    37. Dogs don't let magazine articles guide their lives.
    38. Dogs would rather have you buy them a hamburger dinner than a lobster one.
    40. You never have to wait for a dog. They're ready to go 24 hours a day.
    41. Dogs have no use for flowers, cards, or jewelry.
    42. Dogs don't borrow your shirts.
    43. Dogs never want foot-rubs.
    44. Dogs enjoy heavy petting in public.
    45. Dogs find you amusing when you're drunk.
    46. Dogs can't talk.
    47. Dogs aren't catty.
    48. Dogs seldom outlive you.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking