Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Should Marijuana be legal, decriminalized, allowed or whatever?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 75.00%
  • No

13 20.31%
  • No Opinion

3 4.69%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Marijuana

Not sure about cannabis not have any negative health effects . When I used to smoke it I would get this kinda funny feeling in my head. Then I would start eating every thing in the frig. LOl.

Well seriously, I've heard that there are 34 carcinogens in marijuana. Not sure if that is true but you would have to think there has to be something in it to damage your lungs. ??

But I'm a libertarian and if you don't hurt anyone else except yourself then the goverment can just bite me.

Going to get mileage out of that one I bet.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Marijuana has been known to cause short term memory loss.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Marijuana has been known to cause short term memory loss.

Huh? What did you just say?
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by MR Bill View Post
    Not sure about cannabis not have any negative health effects . When I used to smoke it I would get this kinda funny feeling in my head. Then I would start eating every thing in the frig. LOl.

Well seriously, I've heard that there are 34 carcinogens in marijuana. Not sure if that is true but you would have to think there has to be something in it to damage your lungs. ??

But I'm a libertarian and if you don't hurt anyone else except yourself then the goverment can just bite me.

Going to get mileage out of that one I bet.
    While this is true, they're only present after combustion. There's a sweet spot of around 374 degrees Fahrenheit/190 degrees Celsius where the THC will burn off of the plant's surface without actually causing combustion, sparing the user from a majority of the carcinogens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctl-Alt-Del View Post
    I would say the number is 30%-40% for the techs I have known over the past bunch of years but I am in the Pacific Northwest where weed is pretty much a socially acceptable substance.

Here is some info from NORML: About Marijuana

Marijuana is the third most popular recreational drug in America (behind only alcohol and tobacco), and has been used by nearly 100 million Americans. According to government surveys, some 25 million Americans have smoked marijuana in the past year, and more than 14 million do so regularly despite harsh laws against its use. Our public policies should reflect this reality, not deny it.
    Marijuana is far less dangerous than alcohol or tobacco. Around 50,000 people die each year from alcohol poisoning. Similarly, more than 400,000 deaths each year are attributed to tobacco smoking. By comparison, marijuana is nontoxic and cannot cause death by overdose. According to the prestigious European medical journal, The Lancet, "The smoking of cannabis, even long-term, is not harmful to health. ... It would be reasonable to judge cannabis as less of a threat ... than alcohol or tobacco."
    While it's not technically impossible to die of a cannabis overdose, it's highly improbable and nearly impossible. It would actually take about 14 lbs of cannabis to cause a fatal overdose in a 200lb man. Challenge accepted, anyone?
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    Challenge accepted, anyone?
    Go ahead!

' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Go ahead!

Just think how close America is to legalization and what kind of sweeping effect that may hold for the rest of North America. This could become a reality in a large number of homes...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

On the radio this morning it said 52 % of Americans think marijunna should be legal. Might just happen.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Marijuana

Seattle's budding economy: Pot tourism

Seattle's budding green economy: Pot tourism - CNN.com

In Washington State, residents over the age of 21 can now possess up to an ounce of cannabis, one pound of "a solid marijuana-infused product" like peanut butter fudge brownies, or 72 ounces of an infused liquid like a green tea smoothie.

Buying or selling marijuana won't be legal until December, after Washington's Liquor Control Board has ironed out all the necessary licensing and enforcement regulations. Police will be able to arrest drivers above the legal limit of 5 nanograms of THC, the psychoactive ingredient in pot, per milliliter of blood (officers already use roadside sobriety tests to issue DUI tickets, but the new law establishes a defined impairment level). And the police department dutifully notes that because it's still illegal to grow, sell or possess any amount of marijuana under federal law, "you probably shouldn't bring pot with you to the federal courthouse (or any other federal property)."

In Seattle, Hempfest is a major tourist draw as one of the largest annual events in the Pacific Northwest, and minor pot possession has been the lowest enforcement priority of the police department for nearly a decade.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

I am totally anti-drugs, I am anti-smoking, and, to an extent, anti-alcohol. However, I believe all drugs should be legalised. You are not going to get rid of drugs from the street just because they are illegal, by legalising them what you do achieve is to rid the streets of drug dealers.
    Marijuana, while undoubtably less damaging long term than tobacco and alcohol, is not without risks. There has been enough research done on the links between marijuana and mental illness. While not actually causing the condition, if you are pre-disposed to a mental illness then marijuana can be the trigger to start it

Marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I am totally anti-drugs, I am anti-smoking, and, to an extent, anti-alcohol. However, I believe all drugs should be legalised. You are not going to get rid of drugs from the street just because they are illegal, by legalising them what you do achieve is to rid the streets of drug dealers.
    Marijuana, while undoubtably less damaging long term than tobacco and alcohol, is not without risks. There has been enough research done on the links between marijuana and mental illness. While not actually causing the condition, if you are pre-disposed to a mental illness then marijuana can be the trigger to start it
    Basically, it all boils down to ethics. I've seen similar studies showing the same thing, and also some stating that marijuana can cause long term mental damage if consumed before the age of 25. With that in mind, when further studies are performed, do you think it will follow the same alcohol and tobacco laws of 18+ or will it incite a new law of 25+?