Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: north korea

Re: north korea

It's easy to label them evil but it goes both ways. Why are we inciting them with these unneccesary military exercises? This may be the fruit of keeping a nation at war for 60 years, in which time we have threatened them with nuclear attack many times. Ask yourself 'what do I really know about their culture?'. This is how they view us:

Biased for sure - where did this ant colony mentality with unquestioning faith in the supreme leader come from? - but still it's very hard to dismiss many of their observations.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
    It's easy to label them evil but it goes both ways. Why are we inciting them with these unneccesary military exercises? This may be the fruit of keeping a nation at war for 60 years, in which time we have threatened them with nuclear attack many times. Ask yourself 'what do I really know about their culture?'. This is how they view us:

Biased for sure - where did this ant colony mentality with unquestioning faith in the supreme leader come from? - but still it's very hard to dismiss many of their observations.
    Actually, if you look at history, the ant colony thing you speak of isn't that hard to figure out. Back in the day, kings and emperors were considered gods throughout Europe and Asia, as well as other places. While many places have since figured out that their leaders are only fellow human beings and considering them as a god is actually kind of silly, the people of North Korea apparently hasn't had enough time to come to that conclusion yet.
    And as for the military exercises, North Korea came out first and said they would blow places up with nuclear weapons, and the rest of the world is just trying to show them why that's a really bad idea.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    north korea

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post

Korea was split down the middle, half Westernized half Soviet Communist.

Guess which one thrives socially, economically and culturally.

And which one is a rotten, oppressed wasteland hell-bent on nuclear war.

A perfect little experiment and a predicable result.

I only hope the winds turn and all that damn radiation hits China and Russia for their role in abetting these despicable regimes.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    Korea was split down the middle, half Westernized half Soviet Communist.

Guess which one thrives socially, economically and culturally.

And which one is a rotten, oppressed wasteland hell-bent on nuclear war.

A perfect little experiment and a predicable result.

I only hope the winds turn and all that damn radiation hits China and Russia for their role in abetting these despicable regimes.
    That country is rotten to the core; the communist militarist leaders led by the Kim family is hell bent on maintaining their kim dynasty! They have a solid grip on power. The north Korean citizens are people who are slaves in their own country; they need to be liberated from the Kim dynastic rule. This liberation can only come from 'without' the country. The good news is that God has not forgotten the ordinary people of North Korea, He will redeem them from the Kims' oppression. My prayer, God forbid, is for for this saber- rattling to continue to the point in which the world powers can move in militarily to depose the Kim dynasty and free the people of North Korea from oppression, so that they can join the the rest of the civilized human race; these people have suffered for too long. I'm not an advocate of war, neither am I a war monger, but tough situations require tough actions. Of course there will be sacrifices along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by MR Bill View Post
    Rumsfield was his name DAG. I'm not spelling it right. No matter. Anyway you might have a point. Bush had his flaws but he did make other countries think about doing something. He was criticized by the Dems about North Korea , he wanted the 6 nations in the East to have talks with No Korea. Japan, South Korea, China, Russia and the U.S. But people bitched about his plan. What is Obamas plan for North Korea? Let the little North Korea turd put a nuk on a missle and shoot it off. ??? Not sure if that's a Good plan?
    Yes, Rumsfeld was his name. Thanks MR Bill, Those were men of action. Their words had meanings; The North Ko leaders wouldn't be playing with fire as they are doing now; They would know know there are 'fellow Generals'
    on the other side, in power.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

"The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Quote Originally Posted by HenryT2 View Post
    Therefore, Equation Balanced!