Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pain

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Pain

Well it depends on how old you are doesn't it. At 60 years old and in this business sinse 1974 I'm doing OK. I think about what other job I could have done? Carpenter? Roofer, plumber, No matter what we do for a living we wear out. I now have a bum left hip and my tech that worked for me for 20 years has a bum left hip. I only take Advill every now and then when I go golf or play racketball. I think the rackerball might have been the cause of my hip problem ? 2 times a week , 2 to 3 hour at a time for 30 years . Very intense fast game. Does this job wear you out , knees, arms, etc.? Not sure. You might have Carpal Tunnel syndrome there fixthecopier dude. Turning a screw driver might do that. I wake up every now and then with my hand numb. ( no, I'm not playing with my self. LOL ) That's the sign of carpal tunnel. Anyway, you young guys will find out soon. Time flys. Tempus fuget. Hope every ones problems stay minor.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MR Bill View Post
    Does this job wear you out , knees, arms, etc.? Not sure. You might have Carpal Tunnel syndrome there fixthecopier dude. Turning a screw driver might do that. I wake up every now and then with my hand numb. ( no, I'm not playing with my self. LOL ) That's the sign of carpal tunnel. Anyway, you young guys will find out soon. Time flys. Tempus fuget. Hope every ones problems stay minor.

According to the doc, he brought up carpel tunnel, tennis elbow and golfers elbow. Right now i have a sharp pain that starts at the base of the neck, runs down the right side to the shoulder. Then about 20 or 30 times a day, from the right side elbow to the finger tips, my fingers go numb and the arm and hand tingle like the circulation has been cut off. Very annoying. Combine that with waking up every hour to hour and a half at night, and I can be a little run down by the end of the day. My bad knees came from mom. I had to put benches all over her yard because sometimes she can't make it back to the house without sitting down.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Pain

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    According to the doc, he brought up carpel tunnel, tennis elbow and golfers elbow. Right now i have a sharp pain that starts at the base of the neck, runs down the right side to the shoulder. Then about 20 or 30 times a day, from the right side elbow to the finger tips, my fingers go numb and the arm and hand tingle like the circulation has been cut off. Very annoying. Combine that with waking up every hour to hour and a half at night, and I can be a little run down by the end of the day. My bad knees came from mom. I had to put benches all over her yard because sometimes she can't make it back to the house without sitting down.
    That sounds a little bit like a herniated disk; when your hand and arm tingle, try raising that arm up over your head, that helped me until I had the epidural shots.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Carpal tunnel is very easy to fix now . Tiny quarter inch cut on your wrist and the doctor does there thing and you are back to work in no time. My numbness in my hand is not bad enough yet. but if you are waking up every hour or every couple of hours with tingling hands then you might have that operation.

Lots of good advice here. Another great thing to look into is Yoga, I've had back surgery twice and barely have any pain whenever I practice regularly.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ccwilliams3 View Post
    Lots of good advice here. Another great thing to look into is Yoga, I've had back surgery twice and barely have any pain whenever I practice regularly.

OK, now you're just showing off. Only way I could get into that position is if a couple of goons tried to tie my legs in a knot.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ccwilliams3 View Post
    your avatar
    is thath self inflicted?
    Last edited by igi; 04-18-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by igi View Post
    your avatar
    is thath self inflicted?
    hahaha yeah that is me. Loads of easier yoga postures to do that just makes you feel better. I didn't start off on my head with my legs indian style, I worked my way up to it. It actually feels like an amazing back and hip stretch and isn't nowhere near as difficult as it looks. And it is hilarious teaching stressed out office workers and church ladies some yoga as I service their machines.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Pain

Quote Originally Posted by alabuabutuglak View Post
    Your questions are way too specific. We are ordinary users, not doctors or fitness trainers. Although I can't negate that there can be some of such among us. While you wait for their professional advice, you can read about trenbolone enanthate and at least you will know where to buy it once it is cleared for you.

SPAM