Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Stupid criminals

Is there a stupid criminal thread here already? If not, I'll go first:
    NYC man convicted of stealing toner worth $376K - TwinCities.com
    I found that on Drew Curtis' FARK.com today.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: Stupid criminals

Here you go. This site is full of stories about people who improved the human race...by removing themselves from the gene pool.
    Darwin Awards. Homo sapiens decline; Neo Sapiens rise! February 2013

Here are some samples...

DARWIN AWARD: Newcastle Icicle
    (31 March 2013, Newcastle, England) Investigative journalism reaches a new "low" when a reporter freezes to death in an effort to get inside the lives of those who sleep rough...

DARWIN AWARD: Smokin' Hot Sauce!
    Thinking he was drinking alcohol, Gary picked up a salsa jar and took a swig of gasoline. After spitting it up onto his clothing, he recovered from the shock by lighting a cigarette...

HONORABLE MENTION: Alligator River
    The East Alligator River in the Northern Territory is crossed at Cahill's Crossing. Recently a Euro tourist drove into the parking lot of the an upstream boat launch area in her hired 4WD vehicle and, seeing a concrete ramp disappearing into the water, assumed that she had reached Cahill's Crossing...

Ecco L'allegro Saldatore
    5 February 2013.
    Mechanic Sérgio A. Rosa, 49, was welding a gas tanker that, curiously, exploded, sending his remains flying 400 meters through the air. One wonders if his life flashed before his eyes...

Darwin Award: Vodka Blues.
    Posted 21 February 2013.
    The discovery of a 'bottle of liquid' left behind by a trucker ought to set off certain alarm bells...

HONORABLE MENTION: (survivors) Lottery Winners Celebrate By Blowing Up House. Two brothers celebrated a winning $75,000 lottery ticket with a marijuana and meth binge that blew up their house. In preparation for the drug orgy they emptied several large cans of butane fuel while refilling their lighters; butane fumes crept toward the furnace and ignited. One brother was was taken to the hospital and the other was taken to jail. (Witchita, KS. 15 February 2013.) The girlfriend loaded him into the car, dropped him off at the Emergency Room, and zoomed away with the kids! Smart girl. However, survival plus children equals No Darwin Award.

HONORABLE MENTION: DOUBLE DOWN
    (29 January 2013, Texas) Smoking a cigarette is risky enough without adding fuel to the fire. For reasons that have yet to be explained, two 24-year-olds (identified as a man and a woman) invaded the property of an oil drilling company located 75 miles east of Dallas. Four oil/water storage units located on the property seemed, to the trespassers, to be ideal platforms for a 3-AM cigarette break. In the wee hours of the morning, the disaster-ly duo climbed up and lit up, thereby setting the tank and themselves on fire.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Is there a stupid criminal thread here already? If not, I'll go first:
    NYC man convicted of stealing toner worth $376K - TwinCities.com
    I found that on Drew Curtis' FARK.com today.
    I think all criminals & criminal actions are generally stupid. The reason is simple: It goes against the most dominating principle of the universe; and that is LAW & not CONFUSION. They (criminals and their actions) usually appear to 'succeed', but this is always temporary. The LAW always catches up with them; it doesn't matter how long it takes, c.f. Osama, the Boston bomber brothers and many others in world history. The natural principle of balance of forces....equilibrium, in this case LAW must prevail at all times over CONFUSION; that is why no stone is left unturned until the criminals are arrested and brought to justice or eliminated from society, victims compensated, before the matter is declared settled....Equilibrium Restored!

copiertech 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    I think all criminals & criminal actions are generally stupid. The reason is simple: It goes against the most dominating principle of the universe; and that is LAW & not CONFUSION. They (criminals and their actions) usually appear to 'succeed', but this is always temporary. The LAW always catches up with them; it doesn't matter how long it takes, c.f. Osama, the Boston bomber brothers and many others in world history. The natural principle of balance of forces....equilibrium, in this case LAW must prevail at all times over CONFUSION; that is why no stone is left unturned until the criminals are arrested and brought to justice or eliminated from society, victims compensated, before the matter is declared settled....Equilibrium Restored!
    The only criminals that repeatedly "get away with it" are the ones we elect to office.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    The only criminals that repeatedly "get away with it" are the ones we elect to office.
    That is only partially true. Even then their criminal actions if any give them a lot of mental torture; they suffer silently, their conscience not clear; and they are always afraid of the people. In other words, they don't enjoy the office to which they are elected. That in itself is punishment enough!

copiertech 500+ Posts

That is only partially true. Even then their criminal actions if any give them a lot of mental torture; they suffer silently, their conscience not clear; and they are always afraid of the people. In other words, they don't enjoy the office to which they are elected. That in itself is punishment enough!
    Naw. They have no conscience. Brian Mulroney, one of our former Conservative Prime Ministers, toook millions on bribes and is living it up in Florida.
    Our current one, Steven Harper also Conservative,will be doing the same once he destroys the country and gets voted out.
    It's too bad, because I think they come into politics wanting to do good things, but there is so much money it is hard not to take some for yourself, I guess.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar

TIL people still read Fark. I had all but forgotten that site exists.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” (Isaac Asimov)

Naw. They have no conscience. Brian Mulroney, one of our former Conservative Prime Ministers, toook millions on bribes and is living it up in Florida.
    Our current one, Steven Harper also Conservative,will be doing the same once he destroys the country and gets voted out.
    It's too bad, because I think they come into politics wanting to do good things, but there is so much money it is hard not to take some for yourself, I guess.
    I believe once they leave office they lose their immunity and law should then really go after them; this should be especially so in a developed country with a functioning democracy like yours! That aside, what legacy do they leave behind? That so and so was a thieving leader? Isn't a good reputation better than 'expensive perfume'? Isn't it a shame to their family; do their children walk with their 'heads held high'? But generally I don't think they enjoy that stolen wealth in the real sense of the word. What about the day of 'Judgement'? I believe a greater punishment awaits them! Its only a question of time.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

If being " In Office " is a punishment they do not like ....... then why do they keep running for the same office that causes so much suffering ?
    Have you also noticed that they do not let those criminal actions they are being tortured by get in the way of other illegal activities to engage in ?
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Who then is to be blamed? the criminals or the electorates? These 'criminals' live among us, we know their backgrounds; and when they offer their candidature for public office, we should be able to vet them thoroughly before allowing them to run for any public office. And once in office, there must be regular accountability from them. That is what democracy and leadership demands from us!