Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: work wear

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: work wear

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    As long as you must wear a tie, be absolutely sure to have a good tie clip. Back in the day when I had to wear a tie for work, I learned that very bad things happened when my tie got caught up in the works.

I have thought about wearing a tie. It would be handy to have something to wipe the coffee out of my mustache.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    work wear

Black trousers, black T-Shirt, black socks and shoes. In winter a black jacket. When I'm in a good mood (which is almost never) occasionally light colored shirt with tie going with those black trousers.

Hans

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

In this line of work I gave up awhile back trying to look "nice". (Mainly its probably this company/area where I work.) I wear a company provided polo shirt two tone blue. Tshirt underneath. Black pants FTW. and comfortable shoes (Rock ports) I've been tempted to get some boots especially for deliveries and such. If I had the choice I would wear all black too. I would wear jeans but its not really company policy for techs, however for most clients don't give a rip as what we would wear as long we are clean, presentable etc.

I thought it would be cool sometimes to wear a tie. But then I realized it would just be a hassle.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    work wear

Business casual, no tie, we give everyone a few company polo's to mix in with their other stuff.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Nice dress pants , (Dockers? ) and a button up shirt or polo. Shinable shoes. Winter time boots with good gripper bottoms. Ties went out about 20 plus years ago with me.

Technician 500+ Posts

Nice pants, polo shirt in the heat, long sleeve button down in the cold. Decent dress shoes. That's it. When I started in this god awful business, we wore dress slacks, long sleeve shirts, tie, dress shoes, and in the winter we had to wear a sport coat or suit. Glad those days are gone. Customers always ask, "why do you dress that way?". We were told to respond " because we are professionals". That was a crock of s***.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts copymech's Avatar
    on rainy days I wear a trash bag. I always wear clean undies.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    In my youth I inadvertently fed my tie through the single sheet bypass of a Mita DC-313Z. When it started getting really tight, I used the cutters fortuitously in my right hand to hack through the tie. It fed all the way to the exit tray, printed with an image of the space shuttle. You remember that Sel-Drum Test Sheet? It didn't even jam.

If you're going to try this, I recommend removing the tie first. =^..^=
    Since I do not do outside calls any more ... I wear Black Rustler jeans and just polo's or regular button-up nice shirts.
    YEP, clean socks and underwear too!

Back in the day when we were REQUIRED to wear a tie ... SOP was setting your large shears on top of the copier / Printer / typewriter / mimeo / etc where you could get to them quickly.
    It really was great for us when the clip-on tie was accepted by our company.......
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

You're suppose to wear clothes? hmmm That might explain a few things.
    I know I should be ashamed of myself. Strangely though, I am not.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gwaddle View Post
    You're suppose to wear clothes? hmmm That might explain a few things.
    When I look at some of the members of my team, I'm very grateful that clothes are compulsory, I'm sure they all feel the same way about me too
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't